dk2..American made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dk2..American made?

Is the dk 2 dinky american made (does it say it on the pegface?) if so how is it different from the dk 1. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: dk2..American made?

Nope, Japanese.

DK1: EMG pickups, Original Floyd Rose, USA made, ebony fretboard, MOP inlays, H-H config.

DK2: Duncan Design pickups, JT580LP trem, Japanese made, rosewood fretboard, MOTO inlays, H-S-S config.

Both are bolt-on.

Comment

DK2 not US made. DK1 is US, says so on headstock. DK2 1 hum and 2 singles, DK1 2 hums - EMG 81/85. Both bolt on.

Comment

Whoa, beat me by a second !

Comment

if that's the case then what exactly is this guitar on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33044
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

It says its a "Fusion Custom" in the description.

Comment

I had a 1991 Jackson USA Fusion in Coral Sea Finish.It had the awsome Short Scale like all Fusions do, bolt on neck, but it also had the Dinky/Fusion neck. It was way too flat and thin for me, but if you like the thin/flat necks you will love them, but you also have to dig the 24.75 Scale, my favorite. I am seriously thinking of going Custom Shop Short Scale Soloist, I like the Short scale that much beter than 25.5 scale. I also notice it still has the original Mid-Boost switch which was sometimes modded and taken out for a coil splitter for the humbucker, I don`t care for either, all I nead is the humbucker anyway [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

[ June 07, 2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: slayer ]

Comment

Older DK1s were H/S/S with 22 frets and discontinued, I believe. They just reintroduced it last year with 24 frets and EMGs.

Bombtek, not sure about that ebay auction (neither is the seller, apparently), but a Fusion and DK1 are definitely different. A Fusion would have a 24.75" scale.
                I thought the Fusions only had 24 frets, though? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ June 07, 2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I believe that eBay guitar is a 1996 Dinky DK-1. A mini toggle was added to tap the bridge humbucker. The serial number indicates a 96 production year, three years after the last of the USA Production Fusions. Also, it has the modern era pickup layout of two "lipped" Duncan STK-1's and a TB-4 humbucker. And the Floyd Rose original is another clue. Toe's right, the Fusion USA was a 24 fret guitar too.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                  X