Now with pics/Ummmmm Whoops. Sorry. GAS attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now with pics/Ummmmm Whoops. Sorry. GAS attack

G.A.S. Attack again. Yesturday Memorial day. As Usual Guitar Center had it's Holiday blow out sale. And well I couldn't resist the callings of a LTD88 in the infamous blue denim. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] for a whopping 299.99. AHHHHHHH. damn I so needed to pay bills too. Oh well looks like it's parting time with a couple of other axe's that I don't play all that much.
    Anyway. The LTD88 has a couple of chips in the paint but are about the size of a pin head so nothing major. The original bridge pup was pulled out by one of its previous owners. And it was wired wrong. So 15 minutes later after swapping out pups stringing it back up with the Elixers that were on it. It sounds great and plays even better. It may need a few more minor adjustments but Its sweet. Sometimes I love my job.
    Gil
    P.S. pics to follow shortly.
    Post edit to avoid the wrath of Ron [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ May 29, 2003, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: JACKSONFREAK ]

Re: Now with pics/Ummmmm Whoops. Sorry. GAS attack

Still waiting on pics, pal! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well here's the pics.
      Its number 474 out of 500 It's in pretty good shap except for the minor chip on the bottom side by the jack and one by the treble side bridge post. Did these come with the JT6 trems? It looks like it did and the era fits but its just that chip looks a little funny. Like it was chipped by the bridge not being the right size. Unless one of the previous owners tried a different trem on it and that chipped it. Oh well its aplayer anyway. Great neck on this sukka.
      Gil
      P.S. I appologise for the crappy pics I still hace to use my crappyass web cam as a still camera till i can afford to get a good digital camera. (hhmmmm maybe if i stop buying gitars. NAhhhh that'll never happen).

[ May 29, 2003, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: JACKSONFREAK ]

Comment

Pics are not showing dude!!!

We demand a compensation!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Hey Kuerbo [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Heres your compensation buddy [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
          Man where's that bird flippin' smiley when you need it.
          Gil

Comment

You rang?

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Wait for it....

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Can you guys see the pics or are you just messing with a web rookie? I see them just fine.
                  Maybe its not me. Hmmm?

Comment

Copy the address of the pics to your web browser. You can't see them because webshots or whatever it is doesn't allow remote linking. Sweet guitar! I think those are seriously cool! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

OK, I had my fun, now I'll be helpful! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Yeah, you have to copy & paste this in a separate browser:

Body pic

http://community.webshots.com/sym/im...2ydDPTV_ph.jpg

Closeup of LE inlay

http://community.webshots.com/sym/im...6oEQUpq_ph.jpg

Hmm, you were right about the crappy pics! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

[ May 29, 2003, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: RacerX ]

Comment

I see the pics in my post. But if ya want you can just click on the link to my homepage and see them there. Yeah I did say the pics were crappy. I'll get better oes when I can get a better camera and actually take some outside where the lights usually better. ( if it wasnt for those damned trees in the way though.
                        Gil

Comment

JF's page 2

http://community.webshots.com/album/49967993zorCvG/1

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats on the acquisition. That was a great deal--most places would try and charge you that much for a Model 2 (which is certainly a fine guitar, but...). And you're right about the neck--my old one had had one of the best necks I've ever played. I only got rid of mine because I wanted to get into neck-thru guitars.

Comment

Congrats with a new guitar [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X