New in the family: Collen Archtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New in the family: Collen Archtop

I´m now the proud owner of the Jackson of my dreams! I just received a Players Choice Collen Archtop, no.PCS0054. This very guitar is the reason why I started playing Jackson in the first place...I remember seeing the Def Lep-videos back in the Adrenalize-days, and it really hooked me bad on Jacksons [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I am amazed over how fantastic this baby sounds! It sounds better than both my Duncan-equipped Soloists, even with the original Jackson-pickups still in it...and that really says something. I can´t wait to try it out with Duncans [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Big thanks goes out to Brooks, who kindly took time and answered some questions I had about the serialnumber and rareness about these PCS-Archtops. Thanks, man!

I´ll get the pics to the gallery sometime next week, btw.

Re: New in the family: Collen Archtop

No pics? You tease! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Congrats with a new guitar

Comment

You made me feel really old when you said "back in the Adrenalize days".
        I would have said "back in the On Through the Night days"!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Heh, I was actually only about ten years old when Adrenalize came out. That was the album that got me into rock, and eleven years down the road it´s still one of my favorite albums.

Think of it this way: You´re not old, I´m too young [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I´ve always figured I was born at least ten years too late.

Comment

Well, I guess I'm old too. Because I fell in love with the Dinkys and the Soloists Phil played during the Hysteria era. I also liked the Archtop too down the road. I am on Jackson number 5 now. I have also owned a Charvel model 3, which was my first guitar. I currently have a PC3 and PC1.
            So, OK, if you don't at least have pics for us, please tell us the color, hardware, etc.

Comment

It seems lika Phil and his guitars have a big impact on peoples tastes [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It´s a pretty basic Archtop, as they go. Classic pearl white, one hum and one slanted sc, black Schaller Floyd, MOP logo. Really nothing extraordinary about it, except the serialnumber [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

This is my fourth Jackson...first i had a japanese DX1 (which is sold now), and then I got a 2001 Soloist, a 1988 Soloist and now this Collen.

Comment

Phil's guitars appealed to me during Hysteria as well. I was already into Jackson guitars at that point thanks to most of the metal bands I liked. His were distinctive though. My favorite Jackson he had was a gray/silver and black metallic crackle Soloist. Some day I will get a Soloist in need of refinish and get it done in that color. I also really liked his personal version of his signature model with the extra frets, carved top and Kahler tremolo.

Comment

That is a really nice guitar!! Congratz.

Comment

congrats man. they are sweet guitars. i got #35. make sure you get with brooks and have him put the serial number and your name on his site. and of course a pic if you got one. enjoy bro.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, as soon as I get the pics done I´ll put it up in the JCF gallery as well as on Brooks site.

I enjoy it constantly [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] It hasn´t left my hands all that much the last two days.

Phils silvercrackle Soloist is one sweet axe as well! Too bad he never uses his old guitars nowadays...don´t get me wrong, I love the PC1 and will probably get one next, but it´d sure be nice to see him onstage with some of his Soloists or Archtops.

Comment

Good luck with her Dave.

This thread needs a pic:

Brooks

[ May 25, 2003, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: BGWwebguy ]
                        www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Hey, that's amazing. I just bought the silver sparkle '93 Collen Archtop from Brooks. He must be having a clearance sale or something! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (probably saving up for one'a those new ESP Mustaine sig models... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm counting the minutes 'til it gets here... Brooks has been extremely pleasant to deal with.
                          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Na, no clearance sales. Just making room for some new toys.

On the topic of the PC Archtops, someone asked me if Jackson had ever made any lefty PC Archtops. I have only seen one, and got a picture of me with it at the Jackson shop back a few years ago during NAMM:

Brooks

[ May 25, 2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: BGWwebguy ]
                            www.BrooksGuitarUniverse.com

Comment

Congrats Dave. Brooks is the man. I met him at my first NAMM show last year.....yep..( A new Fish I am.!!! ) It was at the GMW booth. (Fantastic guys at GMW. Lee & Dan are the King Fish.) Anyway, Brooks is a really cool guy and has helped me out with tons of information that I never knew in regards to buying Jacksons.

I too love the Collen Archtop and also saw it for the first time during Adrenalize and fell in love with it then too. A great guitar. Unfortunately I'll only settle for the original white version and they are really hard to find. One of these days I hope.

Pics please!!!

Congrats again. Way Cool Fish Dude. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X