Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: where art thou U.S.A. Jacksons?

[ QUOTE ]
    Most guitars have a used value of about 1/2 their original retail price. A new SL2H is $2449.99 with a case. Why is it a surprise to find a used one at $1350.00?

Everyone on the board seems to love Jackson quality, but no one wants to pay for it. Can anyone explain this to me???

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, where do you buy your guitars? The last two USA Jacksons I bought came in at a hair above the used prices quoted in the previous post. It will be a cold day in hell when I will drop $2449 on a USA Select. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

There is a mom and pop guitar store about 40 miles from me. I USED to live there. I did all of my business there. They cost quite a bit more than the local GC where I live now. But, for years they did great business with me. Let me pay things out, were very understanding of all my stupid questions, never flinched (openly) when I played something TERRIBLE [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] . So to this day, when I need some work done on my guitars, I take them back there. When I am looking for a guitar, I call them or go see what they have, but they don't carry any Jacksons, so that limits things immensely. But I still try to support them. Of course, if I need something in a hurry, I head down the street to GC.

Comment

The local small store 'round here is too honest to make a lot of profit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Went there with a J-bass copy for a refret job (it was a friend's and he wanted new frets) so the guy looked at it and was like 'nah, don't need that, I'll dress the frets for you and it'll be okay and a lot cheaper' and when I went to get a graphtec nut for my Mod6, he took a peak and told me that it wouldn't make any difference, so I ended up just buying a pack of strings (2 bucks more than at the other store where I usually buy strings, but that guy isn't a decent tech)
        The guitars there are pretty expensive though, which is quite a shame because I really like that store. But if I'd be able to get 2 SL1s shipped to Europe brand new for what 1 would cost there, it's not worth it for me, since I'm a poor 18 year old student [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X