Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 - 9 Months For KV-2 In The UK? Same In USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 - 9 Months For KV-2 In The UK? Same In USA?

Good Day To All You Jackson/Charvel Folk

I live in Jersey, UK and have just been into my local guitar store inquiring about a Jackson USA KV-2 in Black. I was most pleased with the price (£1250 ex vat including discount).

Then, I just thought i'd ask how much a hard case for the guitar would be as well. The owner of the store rang up Fender UK and to my surprise and delight the guitar comes with a hard case. Awesome!

Finally I thought i'd ask the shop owner to ask the person he was speaking to find out the availability. To my horror and disbelief I was told I would have to wait 6-9 months for the guitar.

Now considering my 2 electrics i currently have are both under £400 i was looking forward to owning a guitar which had a quality build, feel and sound to it. Also im totally obsessed with Jacksons. Every other make is of no interest to me.

Is everyone in the world having to wait 6 - 9 mnths for a Jackson USA or am I just unlucky?

Cheers Jonny

Re: 6 - 9 Months For KV-2 In The UK? Same In USA?

Welcome to the board Jonny
    I´m sure on of our´s online dealers can help you both with a GOOD price and availability, even though I think there can be some waiting if they don´t have it in stock. On the other hand, a black KV-2 should be easy uh.
    If I´m not very wrong, I guess you will see post´s from a couple of our dealers here soon.
    Hmm, wonder who will be the first one...

Comment

Hm, they´re slow today [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd order one from a US dealer or buy used from the US if need be.

Comment

Welcome to the JCF Jonny: I'm in the UK as well, and all I'd say (and sorry to any UK dealers who visit here) is don't buy from a UK dealer.

The US based dealers at the dealers section here will fix you up with a much better price, but rembember to allow around $150 for shipping and then around 25% on top for VAT and import duty when the guitar reaches the UK. Also, there's a fighting chance that the guitar will be in stock somewhere in the USA, which you have sod all chance of over here.

I've bought many guitars from the US and never had any problems (famous last words!)
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

hey, thanks for everyones quick response

neilli - what company do you use to get your guitars from, any specifics or is it which ever one offers the best deal?

cheers jonny

Comment

It depends on where the next batch of Black KV-2s are planned to run. Seeing that it is actually a rather small operation, they start off runs of different models in different finishes, and depending where in the production cycle they are will depend on how long it will take for you to get your guitar. Fender is now making Jackson keep the guitars for a longer period after they're complete because they have unofficially increased the paint cure time and there is also an additional QC inspection. From what I've gathered.

Ordering from a US Dealer should save you a little, and could find what you have in stock. Check around. Many of the dealers here frequently ship guitars abroad and will know exactly what they need to do.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Jonny,
                I've bought from 3 or 4 different places in the states, and am looking for something new at the moment - the guys in the dealer section all have a good reputation (as far as I know) and I wouldn't have any issue at all with dealing with any of them.

I'd recomend that you make some enquires on the availability of the actual guitar you want, get some prices and work from there.

Other factors can come into play, such as shipping charges or payment method: many stores won't accept credit card payments from outside the USA, which is a hassle as it means getting a bankers draft / money order / wire transfer which means you must have the funds in an account - that's a pain for me as I tend to be Mr 'put it on the card, do a balance transfer and then pay it off gradually' i.e. I don't have a grand sitting in the bank to draw a money order against...

I don't want to (can't?) get into dealer specifics here, but if you want to PM me, I'll let you know what I know (there's no secrets as far as I'm aware, but I'm not sure of JCF policy on that sort of thing)

Cheers
                Ian
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/dealers/
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I had it real bad, I was ordering my sl2h-mah in trans-black and filled out all the info at my dealer and got it going. It was later friday so he couldnt order it till monday, but he told me it would be about the same, 6-9 month wait. On monday he calls and tells me he has some good info, depending on how I look at it, he said they had two colors of the same guitar I wanted(which I believe was a limited run):trans-green and cherry sunburst. Seeing as how those would supposedly get in within a week, and that I thought trans-green would also be a very color(actually am happier with this then I think I would have been with trans-black), I went ahead and told him to order then trans-green. 3 days later I go in and find out fender had just announced to it's dealers that it was buying jackson, so he said there would be a delay, couple weeks most likely. Well, delay after delay, my ALREADY FINISHED guitar didnt arrive for about 6 months, do to the changing of managemnet. Had I ordered like 3 days earlier, I would have had it long before.

Good news is, it's the best guitar I've ever played and was worth the wait.

Comment

Working...
                    X