Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I tell what my Firebird is worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I tell what my Firebird is worth?

I am thinking about selling my Custom reverse firebird. It is an '89 and has been completely refinished by GMW. All of the hardware is brand new chrome and it has 3 new Seymour Duncan humbuckers. But I would only sell it if I could get enough to make the sting of letting it go bearable. Since there aren't a whole lot of Firebirds for sale on E-bay or otherwise I am not sure how much it is worth.

Re: How can I tell what my Firebird is worth?

put it on ebay and find out.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Refins decrease the value regardless of who did them. The more-rare non-reverse design may offset that slightly, but Jackson Firebirds have a fairly small market to begin with compared to the Soloist, Rhoads, Kelly, etc etc markets.
      Now is not a good time to sell anything. Wait till about May or June.

Put it on Ebay with a $2500 reserve and see how high it goes.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

that's actually a reverse firebird; jackson did the opposite to gibson.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Just put a left-handed nut on it and it's not reverse anymore!

Comment

Very cool guitar!
            I would say $1500 at least.
            Good luck!

Comment

Where's Sam?
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

<font color="yellow">Tim....I'm here [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I saw "Firebird" and came running [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's nice...but no way would I go one for one for the bird [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Sweet guitar tho....

Thanks to that blasted Chuck Splatterpuss I have major Charvel-itis [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] it seems [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  that's actually a reverse firebird; jackson did the opposite to gibson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gibson invented the Firebird body, hence all the styles are labelled according to Gibson's specs, regardless of who else makes or made them - it's a Non-Reverse body [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X