Little ID help, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little ID help, please?

I think the move from San Dimas was January '86, so that would make it an early Ontario model.

Re: Little ID help, please?

Its an Ontario built with San Dimas plate geetar. Sounds like a sweet piece. Love those maple necks.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I can acquire this item for $350.

Pros: San Dimas/Ontario Jackson, made in USA, maple neck, pretty amazing condition for age.

Cons: Pickguard covering crappy rout job, Kahler.

Worth the dough, in your expert opinions?

Comment

$350? A no brainer, go for it.

BTW, is the pickguard itself a mod to cover the cheesy routing? Or did it originally have it anyway? Pickguards are somewhat rare for that era.

Comment

The last San Dimas Jackson had a serial number of 1505. Everything after that would be Ontario.

$350? A bit steep, but as long as you're happy with it, that's all that really matters. Minty unmodded ones are selling for $400-$600.

Great players. I'm sure she's a shredder.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Little ID help, please?

Hey, it's Crankdaddy again. F*in' New Guy (as introduced in General Charvel/Jackson Talk).

In one of my fits of GAS, I happened upon a Jackson that maybe you guys can bring me up to speed on. Pointy headstock says "Jackson, Made in USA." Neckplate reads "Jackson 3371 PO Box 245 San Dimas, CA91773 USA."

Written in the neck pocket is: "Tim Wood, 11-17-86."

Written on the neck is "Tim Wood 1986." Neck is maple with black dot inlays.

Body features a Kahler, and has clearly been modded somewhat, as it has a strat style pickguard covering some bad routing underneath for the middle single coil.

Anybody have any info that might be helpful to a Jackson newbie like myself? Thanks.

Comment

That is either a really late San Dimas Jackson or a really early Ontario with a leftover neckplate...do you have any pics? Most likely it was custom made in one of those shops.

Comment

Just strung it up and played it guys. Pretty sweet. Almost makes me sound like i've been playing for 2 years instead of a year and a half!

By the way, that unfinished maple neck is the sh*t. Feels incredible. I'm definitely leaning towards dropping the $350. Anybody wants to talk me out of it, post now or forever hold your peace.

Comment

I was holding my piece, but I had to let go of it to type: Watcher waitin fer? Goangitit!!
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Bought it. Thanks for all the help, guys. I'll try to post pics sometime. Try not to laugh when you see the yellow p'ups.

Comment

Working...
                    X