question about the color of my dk-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about the color of my dk-1

i know this may be a stupid question but i have a 1997 DK-1 USA made that i bought on ebay last year. it is funny, in the picture on the ebay listing it looked purple (with quilt top)but when it was delivered and i opened it, it was blue. that is until i played it that night... it was purple again. does this particular color (or finish) have a name? any info would be appreciated. by the way this guitar rocks too!!!

here are some pics...

this was the picture of the guitar on the ebay listing... note it is purple.

these are pictures i took of the guitar recently. it looks blue.

Re: question about the color of my dk-1

Whatever it is it looks really good.

Comment

Interference, I believe it's called. There are several versions, called Interference Fireglow, Interference Splatter, and other variants, but all of them have one thing in common: Flip-flopping between two colors depending on what angle you look at it or on what angle you take a photograph from.

That's how I understood it back when Interference Splatter was still offered... or could I be imagining things again? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Yours is beautiful... I don't think I've seen an Interference scheme on a quilt top with natural maple body binding before!!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

It's your Lucky Jackson Mood Guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          It's your Lucky Jackson Mood Guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

right!

Comment

thanks for the info guys. this is a sweet guitar. i paid $900 for it. does that sound right? SKB hardshell case included.

Comment

Wow, that's gorgeous! I don't believe that interference is a transparent finish though... that looks transparent blue to me. Maybe the purple picture was taken with an older camera that had a hard time faithfully reproducing the blue color?

Whatever it is that qulted top combined with the blue finish looks amazing!
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Interference, I believe it's called. ...

[/ QUOTE ]
                Impossible, the interference paints are solid.

Finishes like Chlorine do a similar thing, thes seem to change color as the lights change. If it weren´t changing to purple, Chlorine is even what I´d guess. It´s a custom color, But every so often you find it on a production axe. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude that looks so awsome. That's like day and night almost, I have no idea what kinda finish that would be on the quilt top. Either way, nice score and that's a nice price on a great lookin guitar.

Comment

Not sure of the color, but I LOVE the guitar!

Comment

That is one of the prettiest guitars I have seen in a long, long time..... Fuggin love the binding.

Comment

That is absolutely fking beautiful.
                        that 3rd pic makes me just wanna dive right in!
                        A guitar like this one is going to be my next 'planned' guitar purchase without a doubt. I've seen the colour shift slightly between 7 or 8 shades purple or blue, and called both, but never this extreme! The quilt + finish must just be an optically exciting combination, killer axe [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice! One of the best quilt tops I've seen. I bet it's even more amazing in person.
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Beautiful guitar!! I need some paper towels to wipe up the drool off my desk.

Comment

thanks so much for the compliments on my guitar! it is a sweet axe i must say. i fell in love with it when i saw the ebay listing. that's why i bought it. anyone else have a DK-1???

Comment

Working...
                              X