Pic request (soloist / dinky)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pic request (soloist / dinky)

Zerberus: your Dinky and Soloist have different body shapes because the former is 22-fret while the latter is 24. A 24-fret Dinky (like a new DK1/2) would have the same shape as your Soloist.

Comment

Mine has binding, I can send more pic if you want me tooooo.
      old thread

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Zerberus: your Dinky and Soloist have different body shapes because the former is 22-fret while the latter is 24. A 24-fret Dinky (like a new DK1/2) would have the same shape as your Soloist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that might be the case as well. so I laid the dinky body under the soloist when I had them both apart. The Soloist covered teh dinky in all directions.

Look closely at the (shape of the) horns, those of the soloist are longer and wider, the dinky´s look a bit "stubby" in comparison. Also where they meet the neck, the positioning is a bit different. the body in general is minimally larger.

I don´t think that those differences are just because of the extra 2 frets. If you look, the bridge is moved forward on the soloist, that´s the compensation [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If you look at the background of both pics, you can see theat the distance and perspective are almost identical, no crazy photo-schtick here (no offense, TJ [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] )

Here are the pics from the Jackson Site:
        SL-1
        DK-1

Again, look at the horns, and where they meet the neck. The difference isn´t huge, but I´m sure it´s there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I may be wrong, but I´m 100% sure that I could walk into the Custom Shop tomorrow, grab all 4 templates (Soloist and Dinky, both 22 and 24 fret), and see the Dinkys match up almost perfect and the Soloists, but the models would be different from each other. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Okay, I have a strat body with rounded edges I want bound. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Okay, I have a strat body with rounded edges I want bound. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            THAT is harder (keeping the rounded edges), although binding can be radiused like a body as well (Just a question of rounding the edge). Would look kinda strange, though, more like an inlay [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="aqua">agreed, more like "banding" than "binding" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
              X