Custom shop inlay query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom shop inlay query

Ah, that one: I did check that thread out at the time....very cool. I'm figuring on using mahogany as well to counter the smaller XTRR body.

Can I ask who you ordered it from? (Matt seems to be the man as far as I can tell!)

Does the option for 'non-recessed trem' mean that it sits on the face on the body with no pull-up (a-la EVH), or that it sits proud of the body like on the model series Charvels?

Just one general custom order question: What happens if I give my 50% deposit (or whatever is needed) to the dealer when I place the order, and the dealer goes out of business before the guitar is delivered? Have I lost the deposit, or will Jackson see me right?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Click on the banner above. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Non-recessed, as in both of what you say... not much pullup room, like the older Model Charvels.

If the dealer goes out of business, you're screwed.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm holding off pulling the trigger until I see what comes out of NAMM and I don't want to start bothering Matt with more detailed questions until I know this is a runner...

I like no pull-up at all, but I'm sure Jackson can manage that!

I want to have more crop circles than are on my Roswell, (like that strathead in the recent thread), and I want some kooky things like an earth wire soldered onto the trem claw and a hole through the body (in case I get tired of EMGs - it'll save me hacking a hole through the guitar myself!)

I figured that on the dealer: that doesn't seem too good on FMIC's part to me - I'm sure that they will have got their proportion of the deposit, so why should the customer get screwed?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Yep - I did mean so that the bevels don't cut through the top (damn typos!). I have priced the guitar based on a 3/4" top which I reckon should be fine (and I can't justify the cost for solid maple for the body!)
          Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

My first (now stolen) 7-string RR had the 1/4" maple top, and the bevels were not part of the top. The replaced (not stolen yet) 7-string RR has the 3/4" maple top and the bevels are part of the maple quilt.

The one I still have is mahog. neck and body w/ 3/4" maple top, and it sounds great.
          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Excellent Matt, thanks for that......I don't think I'd heard that you had a guitar stolen - sorry to hear that.

Do you still have the tribal flames Rhoads?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Excellent Matt, thanks for that......I don't think I'd heard that you had a guitar stolen - sorry to hear that.

Do you still have the tribal flames Rhoads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the first Blair Witch 7 string was stolen 3 weeks after I got it. It walked out the back door of the club when we were playing with Savatage.

The Tribal Flames is still here and gets regular use. It's my favorite guitar for rhythm recording.
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Working...
              X