USA Jacksons with JB's question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jacksons with JB's question

Do the USA Jacksons that use a JB in the bridge utilize 250k or 500k pots? Just checking as I've heard different things over on the Duncan board. Apparently the JB was designed to be used with 250k pots. So I wondered what the Jacksons came with stock.

Thanks

Re: USA Jacksons with JB\'s question

My Shannon came with 250K's

My old ones use 500K's.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Jim...your Shannon had a JB in the bridge [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I thought that the Shannon's came with the Pearly Gates stock [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Did you receive it that way or did you change it to a JB??

I don't have any guitars with a JB anymore unfortunately [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I've discovered the Duncan 59' and Custom and haven't looked back [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'mma kinda curious now [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Good point. I never opened the pickup to see what it was. I guess I assumed it was a JB since this was supposed to be an old school Soloist.

Comment

Excellent macro shot.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Jim; LesPaulCustom is correct, the Shannons have a Pearly Gates in the bridge stock. I'm not sure why they did that, myself and remcarr both thought it was a pretty weak bridge pickup in our Shannons. It makes for a nice neck up on an SL2H but for a bridge I say [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Rudy
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

<font color="yellow">I believe the answer to the question of why the Pearly Gates is that it was Mike's favorite pickup at the time or something to that effect, which is why he chose the pup.

My Shannon is totally stock as far as I'm aware and it has the Pearly Gates which is why I mentioned it.
              </font>

Comment

O.K. so the Shannon's came with a Pearly Gates with 250k pots and the Soloists with the JB's came with 500k pots?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Do the USA Jacksons that use a JB in the bridge utilize 250k or 500k pots?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the specific model. My SL2Hs and DK1 all had 500K audio pots stock.

Comment

I just checked my Shannon. 500K pot for the volume in there, but I couldn't see what the tone knob resistance value said because the solder joints covered it.

And I always assumed most/all Jackson H/S/S pickup configuration guitars had 500K pots by default. I could be TOTALLY off though.

Comment

I put a JB in my shannon and it sounds great. I am not sure how much difference there would be between a 250K and 500k pot. I have/had a number of guitars with JBs, but I have no idea which had what value pot. They aren't expensive or difficult to install so why not try them both and see if you can tell the difference?

Comment

My SL1 has 500k with the JB.

Comment

I´ve seen both [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I would think the JB would be better with a 250k to warm it up a little. When I had my Hamer (yours now, Travis [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) it originally had the JB/'59 combo and I thought the JB was kinda bright and lacking low end in the all mahogany body with 500k pots and a 3/8" maple top. I'd think it would be even brighter and harsh in an alder or poplar Jackson. I think that the JB is overrated anyway.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X