About Natural finishes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Natural finishes...

Hi, I'd like to know what are the main differences between "Natural" finish and "Mahogany" finish, coz' I didn't know that Jackson offered the mahogany finish, who looks pretty much like the Korina finish.
    Thanx in advance.

Re: About Natural finishes...

A lot of the natural finishes are flamed or quilted maple, but they also offer mahogany without a maple top. Mahogany doesn't have much figuring compared to maple, but some people (myself included) like the look of mahogany.
    sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Mahogany doesn't have much figuring compared to maple ....

[/ QUOTE ]

You should see the old flamed mahogany cupboards in my Mom's kitchen .... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

That may be, but I am pretty sure my '81 LP has some kind of cap to get the effect that it does.
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Okay... Thanx guys.
          But about the sound, what qualifies best mahogany compared to korina (which, I heard, contains more midrange than other usual woods)

PS: by the way if anyone has a picture of a KV2 korina and a KV2 mahogany, that'd be cool.

Comment

Mahogany, like any other wood can have flame, quilted and burl in them, just like walnut, maple, rosewood, and just about any other wood... redwood, pine, etc...
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Matt at Matts Music (see banner above) has a Korina KV in stock check his link for a pic.....I want that guitar so bad!

Comment

Working...
              X