Volume Knob on SL2H=yuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Knob on SL2H=yuck

I've had my SL2H for almost 2 years now. I have never liked the position of the volume knob. I tryed switching the Tone
    pot with the Volume pot to keep my pinky from lowering the volume. But just having the Knob there still bugged me.
    I remember someone here posting awhile back that they put a cover over the pot hole. Well I found some covers at work, Moved the volume to the rear position, Turned up the Tone all the way and pulled it into the control cavity.
    I snapped the cover in place and walah..
    I like this config alot better.
    Thank you to who ever posted this idea back then.
    I have a couple extra buttons if anybody would like to try it. Just E-mail me.
    Finn

Re: Volume Knob on SL2H=yuck

Are you referring to these pics?

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...fpart=1#359641

Comment

Thats the one!!

Comment

That'd be handy to cover the hole left in my KV2 when I took out the bridge pickup volume - obviously made the neck vol into a master vol - whoever thought that was a good layout?!!!!!!

Wonder can you get similar items in the UK?

Cheers,
        Steve.

Comment

I actually love the position of the controls on my SL2H...and since the volume knob doesn't move so easily as the plastic knobs on my Ibanez, I don't have a problem with accidentally turning it down anymore.
          I'm glad it worked out for ya though! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

oh btw, your trans green looks killer! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            But just having the Knob there still bugged me.
            I remember someone here posting awhile back that they put a cover over the pot hole. Well I found some covers at work, Moved the volume to the rear position, Turned up the Tone all the way and pulled it into the control cavity.
            I snapped the cover in place and walah..
            I like this config alot better.
            Thank you to who ever posted this idea back then.
            I have a couple extra buttons if anybody would like to try it. Just E-mail me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This describes my number one and practically only complaint about Jackson/Charvels. And it seems for single volume knob controls, they like to stick it even closer to the bridge pickup! I do the same thing you do, but I used black plastic buttons that are used as automotive panel/trim retainers I got from Autoparts. I like the chrome covers on yours though. I'll PM you if I can get one from you as it matches the hardware on mine. BTW, you could also just dis-engage the tone control completely from your circuit if you're not using it, which also might give you a bit brighter tone.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Different than the way I did it, but just as effective! I used a tiny cylander made of cork to fill the hole, put a screw into the cork, and stuck this hard plastic screw cap into the screw head with a dab of super glue.
              www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Ahh, Looks very nice.
                MetalMedal II: Got your e-mail, caps will be sent ASAP
                Finn

Comment

This is interesting. I noticed this problem myself, especially when I played out with the guitar. If my SL2H did not sit in its case I might be inclined to do something about it.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Hey Finn... where in the Bay are you? I'm on the Peninsula and rehearse in Fremont...

We're looking for a second guitarist... Dunno what style you're into... it's basically technical death. Listen here:

http://onlinerock.com/clubs/xenophobe
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

xenophobe: Dam dude. My blood pressure went up.
                      Nice solos! I'd have to be on speed to play that fast.
                      Sorry, but I'm old school metal.
                      A girl (lady) that works at our Credit Union at SFO is a DJ at UC San Francisco. Late night DJ.
                      She loves "Technical death"
                      IF you got a CD, Send it to me and I'll pass it to her.
                      Maybe she'll get you some air time?
                      I'm in Hayward and work at United Airlines SFO.
                      PM me if interested.
                      Finn

Comment

Actually, I just got back a sample of what our Demo is going to look like... it's pretty damn awesome... I need to pay the guy for materials, but it's going to be a go within the next week, so I'll have some to send out! So I'll contact you when I have distro copies available...
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Looks great!
                          I never like the position of these Volume knobs on Select series.
                          I would prefer to have the volume knob where the 3way switch is located and then the 3way switch to where the tone knob is.

Comment

Yea, I feel kind of bad doing this to such a Quality guitar.
                            The volume position on my Model 6 is perfect. I wish it could of been made to these specs.
                            Maybe the next gen SL2H's?
                            Finn

Comment

I love having it there!

You can play with it while playing! That can add a whole new dimension to your playing.
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X