Duncans on an SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncans on an SL2H

Does anyone know why some of the SL2H guitar pickups do not have Duncan written on the neck pickup while others do? Mine is a blue ghost flame SL2H-brand new. I notice some have the writing and some don't.

Re: Duncans on an SL2H

As you know, the neck pickup on the SL2H is the Duncan '59 (SH-1). Duncan sells this as stock without the logo. It can be added at the request of the buyer though. Most Duncans are stock today with the logo, go figure. Jackson did not always sepcify the logo, so Duncan gave them the stock format. Many here prefer the non logoed Duncans but there is no difference in the pickups with or without them. On a related note, most of the SH-1's in the Soloists are not four conductor wiring. Anyone have different in theirs? I've heard some are four conductor...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I dont know if this helps, but the '59 I have has two wires. One is wrapped around fabric-ish stuff, and the other wire is inside the fabric-ish stuff.

Comment

Thanks for replying Charvel750. I ended up buying that Fusion Pro. Three Jackson's in 1 month and I can't stop!

Comment

Right, and both of mine are that way too. You cannot split the pickup to a series linked coil tap. The "fabric" lead is the ground, and the other is the hot.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Both my SL1 and my SL2H have the logos on all pups. That would be an 02' and an 01'.

Comment

Working...
            X