Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan combos

Hi everyone!

I wanted to see what everyones favorite Seymour Duncan pickup combination is for their Jackson guitars? Also, list what type of music you play?

Re: Seymour Duncan combos

By the Symbol of the Creator, I swear henceforth to be
    A faithful Servant of his most puissant Arch-Angel, The Prince Lucifer, Whom the Creator Designated as His Regent
    And Lord of this World, Amen.
    I deny Jesus Christ, the Deceiver
    And I abjure the Christian Faith
    Holding in contempt all of it's Works.

I haven't heard it in years, but is this the beginning of "Don't Break the Oath"?
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hi Stuka!

Yep, it's the beginning of "The Oath" from "Don't Break the Oath" by Mercyful Fate, one of my favorite albums of all time...you have to have great musical taste if you knew that...hehe... [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

So much for pickups! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I like the Duncan Custom in most guitars, though the one in my GMW Jake E Lee sounds like crap, so that one's getting a JB. The neck in the Jake is a DiMarzio HS3, and the middle is gone. There is a dummy in the hole sunk flush to the body.
        My Charvel/GMW Mutt has an old Custom in the bridge and a DiMarzio PAF in the neck. I think I like the neck PAF a little better that the Duncan 59.

I play melodic hard rock.

Comment

chuck, you wanna swap that custom for a black, logo'd jb?...d.m.

btw customs are my faves, they sound particularly good when coupled with a ssl 1 in the neck position...
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I've already got a non-logo'd JB coming for it. $45 shipped and the Custom is yours, though.

Comment

jb and a jazz tapped with a 3 way 2 vol no tone
              www.kiddhavok.com
              www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Hello, My sl-1 has a distortion in the bridge, stk-1 middle and a hot rail in the neck. I play in a cover band and we do everything from Chris Isaac to Stevie Ray to Slayer. Although the heavier stuff is what I prefer. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                  So much for pickups! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My Charvel/GMW Mutt has an old Custom in the bridge and a DiMarzio PAF in the neck. I think I like the neck PAF a little better that the Duncan 59.

I play melodic hard rock.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well if Dm hasnt laid claim to it... I'm curious, how old is old and how much lead wire does it have? Is this one that has a sticker that says Duncan Custom on the back? or one that has the model number and a code?

Comment

Yep, thats the sticker, but thats not the one for sale. Sorry for the confusion.
                    The one in my GMW Jake is for sale. Its a newer logo'd model. This guitar needs the JB I have coming in a big way!

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Skidd, how do you like the Jazz as compared to the 59 neck hummer?

Comment

Originally posted by guitarded:
                      I play in a cover band and we do everything from Chris Isaac to Stevie Ray to Slayer. Although the heavier stuff is what I prefer. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would LOVE to check out THAT show! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i don't care if the custom is logo'd, i don't get pickups for how they look, i get them for how they sound...lol...d.m.

Comment

SH-1 '59 or a SH-2 Jazz in the neck, and a TB-11 Custom Custom in the bucket - ALL TAPPED !!!!!

...but THAT is ONLY if you HAVE to have 2 PICKUPS !!!...a SINGLE TB-11 Custom Custom and a VOLUME ONLY are ALL YA NEED !!!!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Chuck,
                            I have both,that set up is in my maple body maple/maple neck mutt and I love it. I have had jb/59 set up in a rr and that was cool too,but I like a cleaner neck pickup. Right now I have a mutt with a jb bridge tapped, screamin demon tapped single in the middle, cool rails tapped in the neck, vol, master tone/coil tap, rotary coil tap for the 3rd knob, I can pull just about every tone I want out of this axe.
                            www.kiddhavok.com
                            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

d.m. has not laid claim to it, unfortunately i'm running really low on funds so i'll just have to live with the jb in the white kelly for awhile...d.m.

Comment

Working...
                              X