About to buy first SL-1 Soloist, tell me about the good points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to buy first SL-1 Soloist, tell me about the good points

Welcome Lad..ya gots a fine, strong name. i'm a guessing yer a handsome lad with a name like that!
    Playability is top notch on the USA Jacksons, as fine as anything you will ever play. Smooth, fast and almost plays itself. You will love it...if you're a real man. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    I've only been adding Jacksons to the collection for the last year...some of the others are lifers and can offer more insight for you. I was hooked quickly and sold off all my non J/C guitars to aquire more J/C's.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Re: About to buy first SL-1 Soloist, tell me about the good points

pleased to meet ya jimbo [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Whatever happened to that other Larry floating around here?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Its been a while since i have seen him post... Oh well... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome Jimmy, You won`t be dissapointed with this fine piece of machinery. I`ve got a couple of Soloists and like all USA Jackson`s, they are awesome. The only problem is that you will want to buy more of them!!!! I just can`t help splashing the plastic on them!!
        Enjoy!!!!
        [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Steve

Comment

The USA select line is a good guitar. Now, each guitar does have certain differences in tone/playability, but thats why there are different models. The soloist SL1 and SL2H are basically identical except for the PU config. Again, some like a fatter tone in the neck PU on the SL2H than the single coil of the SL1. I will have both soon so I can have both when I need them.

Finally, since you've already decided to go with Jackson, you know the good points.

Good luck and be sure to post pics when you get it.

joe...

[ March 14, 2003, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: GodWentPUNK ]
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

About to buy first SL-1 Soloist, tell me about the good points

hi there, im a newbie here

im kinda well known at erm.............the LP forum, just waitin on some of those bastehds to surface here............hi charlie, if ya see this.

im buying Marshallhead`s 1994 Jackson Soloist SL-1 for $800 and im real exfcited to say the least. im playin 21 yrs and can cut loose when i have to. im interested in playability, tuning stability , tone and any other info you can lay on me. i hear this is a site with real knowledge and not some ****pile like the FDP (SRV string gauges.........yaaaaaaaaaawn). so a big hullo from the emerald isle of Ireland and this pint of guinness is on me ! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

i thought you jackson-ites would have been delighting in tellin me all the good points.

is this a question that has had its arse kicked well and proper in the past ?

Comment

hey, seein' how you're from Eire and all that, you'd be able to tell us all about Gary Moore's string gauge, right? How about Vivian Campbell? Rory Gallagher?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

welcome to the JCF, jimmy. Playability & tuning stability wise, you can't go wrong with a US Soloist. Tone, of course, is a more subjective thing, but reckon you'll be quite happy with that too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Jimmy:

Welcome to the forum! With the Jackson USA Models, you get standard features that other manufactures make you pay extra for. You get real Mother-of-Pearl fret markers and Headstock Logo, Ebony fingerboard, neck binding, metal plates over the tremelo and control cavities, Duncan PUPS, Original Floyd Rose bridge. As a comparison, my brother got a new Les Paul Standard recently when Gibson was blowing out their inventory in preparation of the new for 2001 models. Don't get me wrong, the LP Standard is a great guitar (will be my next purchase), but it cost more than a Jackson USA Soloist, has no vibrato bridge, has the cheaper rosewood fingerboard (Ebony is on the higher priced LP Custom), the fret markers are imitation pearl (possibly not true on the newer models though), and it does not hold tuning as well as a Jackson (Jacksons have incredible tuning stability). Compare the metal cavity plates on the Jacksons to the plastic ones on a Fender or almost any other manufacturer. Also, Jackson necks are very fast, their bodies are routed for unencumbered access to the 24th fret, and the relatively flat fingerboard radius combined with jumbo frets makes for very buttery string bending and less muscle/joint fatigue. You are gonna love your new guitar!

Enjoy,
                  Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Ricey:
                    Jimmy:

Welcome to the forum! With the Jackson USA Models, you get standard features that other manufactures make you pay extra for. You get real Mother-of-Pearl fret markers and Headstock Logo, Ebony fingerboard, neck binding, metal plates over the tremelo and control cavities, Duncan PUPS, Original Floyd Rose bridge. As a comparison, my brother got a new Les Paul Standard recently when Gibson was blowing out their inventory in preparation of the new for 2001 models. Don't get me wrong, the LP Standard is a great guitar (will be my next purchase), but it cost more than a Jackson USA Soloist, has no vibrato bridge, has the cheaper rosewood fingerboard (Ebony is on the higher priced LP Custom), the fret markers are imitation pearl (possibly not true on the newer models though), and it does not hold tuning as well as a Jackson (Jacksons have incredible tuning stability). Compare the metal cavity plates on the Jacksons to the plastic ones on a Fender or almost any other manufacturer. Also, Jackson necks are very fast, their bodies are routed for unencumbered access to the 24th fret, and the relatively flat fingerboard radius combined with jumbo frets makes for very buttery string bending and less muscle/joint fatigue. You are gonna love your new guitar!

Enjoy,
                    Rick
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Indeed! The only thing I can add is the finishing on the guitars are phenomenal! Incredibly thick clear coat giving great protection for your axe.
                    Also just more attention to detail than most other manufacturers. Definately more attention to detail than any other maker in its class.
                    BTW welcome to the forum!

Comment

I almost forgot! Check out the knurled polished metal volume/tone control knobs-standard!

Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X