Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A couple BOMB USA\'s that got away!

Some of those are still for sale.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Reverse head King V!!

Yes!

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I really like that Tye-Dye!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

RacerX - I've got a reverse-head King V Custom if you're interested? Custom Shop bolt-on, ash body finished in Gunstock oil, hum-single, stringthrough/TOM set in an ebony block, rosewood and sharks, volume knob only with Gibson-style 3-way. The neck is not the original neck, but the original neck does come with it. I had it in the Classifieds a while back - $800 with OHC.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You have PM dude [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

RacerX - I'm not Chuck [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyways, pics are here:

With the original neck - http://www.autumn-frost.com/8084.html

With the replacement USA Jackson neck (one of the last made in San Dimas, this is the first guitar it's ever been nailed to) [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] http://autumn-frost.com/kvnn-fullshot.jpg
              http://autumn-frost.nstemp.com/kvnn-nut.jpg

Further specs:
              - 22 frets. Original neck was ordered with the San Dimas neck profile (rounder back, thickness about like a Dinky or Fusion - kinda like a thin Strat neck). The finned neck is way thinner, but still kinda rounded. The frets were never finished, there were never any tuner holes drilled, and the nut was not cut. The nut on it now is from the original neck, and I still have the original uncut nut. The tuners are also from the original neck. I installed both the nut and the tuners. The post holes were already drilled, but the mounting screw holes were not. There are also no trussrod cover holes.

One point that could be a major issue with some folks is the finned neck is 1/16" more narrow than the original, which means it sits to one side of the pocket. As well, the nut width is more narrow, which means the nut hangs off on either side. Amazingly, it still intonates properly and the strings are lined up correctly, so they are not slipping off the neck as one would suspect when using a wide nut on a narrow neck.
              Anyhoo, the other issue is the finned neck's heel - namely, it's thicker than the original. I thought about having it shaved down to fit better, but the issue there is there's an ink stamp on the heel which may affect collectibility (though I didn't really want the neck for collectibility, I wanted it for the fins). Anyhoo, I'm still undecided as to whether I would ever have the neck heel shaved (thus removing the stamp), so it sits there [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Being that the heel is thicker, the bridge had to be raised to compensate, and the pickups as well. Trouble is, the bridge pickup is almost on top of the body - you could probably swap it out without loosening the strings [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The action's good, but it's just that the bridge and pickup are so dang high - almost at the limit.

If I haven't scared you away yet [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] it's got a JB bridge/Classic Stack neck combo. Gets great Strat tones in the neck position, and when I compared my LP Standard to the V in recorded tests, the Gibson had a little more bass (500T) than the V, but otherwise they are the same tonally. The JB has some good beef even though it's in an Ash body.

Although I DO have my eye on a 22 fret ebony/fins neck at the moment, so if you're not interested, it's not a loss for me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc

[ March 14, 2003, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

AWWWW NEWC ive been lookin for you i wanna buy the ash King V i have for a long time email please [email protected]

p.s. theres 2 underscores in my email addy

check the classifieds i tryed even emailing you once but i got no reply thnkas [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I sent a reply to you once - guess it didn't get there. I sent another one this afternoon.

Newc

Comment

Working...
                  X