should I put emgs in my Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: should I put emgs in my Jackson?

The Soloist that was my main guitar for years (and I am still trying to replace) had various different EMG setups in it. The final, and best sounding (IMHO) configuration was 2 SV singles (they had just come out) an 81 in the bridge, the mid-boost SPC control all run on two 9 Volt Lithium batteries. One battery ran the two singles and the other ran the 81 and the SPC. I could get almost an electric acoustic tone out of that sucker when I kicked the SPC up to 10 and put the guitar into the bridge/middle pickup position.

Comment

ok sorry for the Kirk H. comment. i hate him too. but he does use the 81 in the neck as well as the bridge. and yeah he's gone wah crazy. i liked it better when he was ripping off Dave M.'s solos for Kill'em all. anyway. screw that whole band. they went from great to gay real fast! i just think that the 81 gives you a more blusely bite in the neck and since it has less mids it works well for the accoutic parts. the 85 at the bridge is just awesome! full bodies and never thin. just ripping.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I love the sound I get out of my 1993 Jackson Custom AT Soloist with an EMG 81 in the bridge and an SA in the neck, I don`t use the SA very often. I run my guitar thru a 1993 VHT Pittbull Classic 2x12, it just smashes thru this rig!! When my new SL2H in Black comes in, I will give the JB about a week to impress me, if it doesn`t, then I am going to try the SD Custom 5, if I don`t like that it will be a SD Invader, then after all of this if I don`t like the sound, I am going EMG`s with it. Probably try an 85 since my Custom Soloist has a Mahogany body and the SL2H will have Alder, I feel the 85 may tighten it up some? Jack.

Comment

Working...
        X