New Dinky (pics inside) - thanks Matt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Dinky (pics inside) - thanks Matt

I know gutarxpress had a few made that specifically had the necks of the XTRR's painted. I think a few of the dealers that move USA selects could have it one way or the other if they wanted it that way. A few of the WR1's are like that also. The one Scholomance had in the classifieds and on eBay had the rare painted neck as well. The first batch of WR1's was mistakenly painted so perhaps this is another instance of that mistake being made.
    We must!
    We must!
    We must increase the bust!
    The bigger the better!
    The tighter the sweater!
    The boys are counting on us!

Comment

My snakeskin XTRR has the painted neck. I think that dealer specifically ordered the XTRR's with painted necks for some reason. I wish is was oiled...but that just gives me a reason to get another XTRR now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ...they're tough to find though with est. of under 100 made.

- Joel
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

As much as I like the feel of the oiled neck, I do like the idea of a painted neck with a graphic like the snakeskin.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I'm not sure jem, I think they started out with oiled necks and then it seems they went to finished necks. I know they started with oiled necks cuz mine was the prototype. Not the very first XTRR cuz that would be the skate graphic string thu. (beautiful guitar) but it was the pre runner to the production XTRR. Check your sn, when was yours made? You will see my sn in the RR gallery. I'm the only poser who is holding his guitar. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
            Oh BTW I'm not striking a pose I was taking my own picture with my remote. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] God I need new pix for the gallery.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Spidey, cool Dinky! While the Natural isn't as sexy as some of the other finishes, it's the easiest to care for and doesn't show fingerprints and smudges, etc. Hope you enjoy it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

How's the sustain with the EMGs? Does she scream or what? [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

How does the alder maple combo sound?I have a dinky mahogony back witha maple top and love the sound.How does your compare?

Comment

Working...
                X