SL2 Black Ghost Flames!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SL2 Black Ghost Flames!

Yeah, I wanted that pretty bad... I watched it close too.

Actually Lurch was the seller. I checked my email archives. If I remember correctly, it was either Mr Lynch or Mr Scary that wone it. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ February 28, 2003, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: xenophobe ]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Xeno,

The auction was ended early. It was Lurch that back doored it from us... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Brian was the seller, up in Chicago. ( Brokin Hope )

Pat

Comment

You guys are talking about two different auctions [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I did backdoor the Camo ESP- sometimes you have too. The first couple of times I got back doored on an auction I was a little angry. (Phil's Warrior was backdoored so fast that I didn't have a chance to be angry [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Good score! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] or maybe Xeno used the 'Buy it Now' on that one, I don't remember exactly but it was gone fast!) I still find it a little dishonest because we are using Ebay to get worldwide exposure, but then screwing them out of their final price percentage. Not much on a guitar, but what if you were selling a house or something? I didn't feel that bad about it on this auction however, because he clearly stated "I AM WILLING TO ACCEPT REASONABLE OFFERS EMAIL FOR DETAILS" so that was the green light for me. Now I have that "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude. Sorry for the little [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Anyway, I sold Rob Barrett's Graveyard ESP and SLAYER Charvel in other auctions since he doesn't have an Ebay account. I tried to make it EXTREMELY clear that these things were road dogs and were beat pretty hard (still great playing guitars though) because I'm still surprised at how much he got for them. The owner is very happy with them I'm relieved to say (I'd hate to get negative or nuetral feedback selling someone elses stuff [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ) but if you had any reservations at all about the condition of these things, it's probably better that you didn't win them.

Thanks for the complements guys! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ February 28, 2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Lurchhammer ]

Comment

Yeah, I was gonna try to snipe the Camo ESP, but the "auction ended early". Oh well, if it's something you gotta have, you can only blame yourself for not trying to get it any way you possibly can.

If you'd ever like to sell her, let me know... [email protected]. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

No, I didn't backdoor the Warrior... I hit the BIN. I do know there were a few people trying to backdoor it though, and I HAD to have that one, and I didn't want to fight other offers for it. It was a little pricey, but the condition was good, and MC has been one of my favorite bands for the last 10 years or so, so the BIN was a no-brainer. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Anyways, very sweet guitars you have, and I can't wait to hear some MP3's when you get them.

[ February 28, 2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: xenophobe ]

Comment

Hey Pat,

Yeah, everyone's backdoored something or other... that's just a fact of ebaying. Here's a pic of the warrior... I'm sure you've seen it at one point or another:

[ February 28, 2003, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: xenophobe ]

Comment

Yeah Xeno, pics of the WARRIOR! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

I don't talk to Phil that much because he lives in Ft. Lauderdale, and Rob didn't tell me that Phil was selling that one (last year wasn't it?) so I completely missed it- it sounds like it went to a cool owner though [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I've been working on Jerry (Diabolic) here in Tampa to sell me his Chuck Schuldiner owned Warrior for a long time. It's one of the first Warriors ever built (if not THE first?) He has the same attitude as I with the Cammo ESP though- You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Chuck had a Warrior? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                I gotta see pix of that! What color is it?
                I always wondered what he thought of them since they are so similar to his Stealths.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

That Black Warrior is smokin` [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I would love to crank that sucker thru my VHT Pittbull Classic 2x12 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Chuck's Warrior was black and looked exactly like Xeno's, but with non-active pickups. I'm not sure if he liked it that much or not, I'll ask Jerry about it. What is you guy's favorite Death CD?

Comment

Chuck had a Warrior!?!?!? OMG!!! Dude, I hope you score that! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Thanks guys, yeah I love her to death! Even though it was only a backup guitar on the European portion of the In Cold Blood tour (which is good, cause it's in pretty good condition, though the case looks like touring hell). She was used to record Phil's tracks on Eternal and In Cold Blood.

The only two other pictures I have:

MOP logo with shading:

Phil playing her [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] :

Comment

Guys,

Back door deals are a way of life, we all tried to do it on that camo. As far as Lurch's comments about the " reasonable offers" that's a HUGE NEON sign saying, "Email me, I'll sell it before the auction's over" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It's all good with me!

Xeno, got picks of the warrior? I must have missed it.

Thanx!
                        Pat

Comment

Favorite Death CD? Man thats tough [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                          "Symbolic" was the one that really made me take notice. After that I went and grabbed "Human" (Sean kicks ass!) and "Individual Thought Patterns". "Fragile" is also great!

RIP Chuck [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

very sweet guitars there lurch, hopr you enjoy the soloist

david

Comment

Heyz Xeno, what do the diagional pickups do for ya? ^.^ just wondering.

Comment

Mike,

Sweet Warrior! That's one that I don't have and it's really growing on me. I just may have to pick one up...

Pat

Comment

Working...
                                X