Y2KV WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Y2KV WTF?

According to my local Jackson dealer, he called Jackson earlier this week and they told him that the Y2K V will still be produced, but without Dave's signature and it will have a different model name.

I think it is kind of sad that Jackson has lost all/most of its big name endorsers. As the local dealer said, "They have about two big name endorsers and about 90 unknown endorsers." Although even the big name endorsers don't have the popularity that they once had. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

If Jackson really has lost Dave I wonder where he'll turn up next? Maybe he'll go back to BC Rich when he finally crawles back out from under his rock.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Maybee ESP or PRS or Ibanez or Gibson, like most go to [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Me, give me Hamer-Jackson-Carvin [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Maybe they'll put a Floyd on it now. Like the damn one Dave actually played.
          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I just got mine last week and it rules. Mine is gun metal grey and has his name on the headstock and a painted headstock. Its an awesome guitar. Takes some used to the 10s since i play 9s. Its a fantastic guitar and I almost thought mine was the last one made. Dang!

Comment

That's great news! One of the major things keeping me from buying the guitar was Dave's name on it. That's my biggest pet peeve about signature series. Why do companies believe we want somebody elses name on the headstock, 12th fret, etc.?

Comment

In all the videos and various bootleg footagi I've seen, Dave has Floyds, String thru's, and regular Les Paul style bridge setups....he's got quite a variety. Hopefully if/when he comes out of retirement he'll work out a deal again, we'll see, but I certainly hope so.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Here's the rumor. Supposedly Dave is starting to play again. And his negotiations with Fender about his endorsement contract didn't go well. In fact it went so bad that not only did he demand they stop production, but he refunded them some royalty payments for Y2KV's that had already been ordered but not produced yet in order to stop the production of them as well. He's supposed to be going with ESP now, but nothing official has come out yet.

This was brought to the ESP board by one of the insiders over at the Megadeth site. Unknown how reliable the info is, but it sounds interesting.

Comment

Yeah that was mentioned on one of the other 3 threads about this subject last week.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

To be honest, if I was in line to buy a Y2KV, I'd rather not have Dave's signature on the headstock, especially if it meant a significant drop in price, which it definately will mean. What are they gonna call it though? Y2K3V? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I dunno myself.

Comment

To be honest, if I was in line to buy a Y2KV, I'd rather not have Dave's signature on the headstock, especially if it meant a significant drop in price, which it definately will mean.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I doubt it would mean a price drop. And BTW, $2200 LIST for a US made neckthru isn't that bad. Check the price of some high-end Ibanez and ESP's, why don't you? You'll be paying that to get the damn thing out the door, and they're import bolt-ons.

Comment

Point taken BM. Yes, you're right about the list, and about the situation with Ibanez and ESP. I mean the prices of some of ESPs Signatures and the new ESP Custom series are ridiculous. I retract my previous statement. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X