Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wheres the y2kv? at my house now

Congrats... hope to see pics soon.

I have a Y2KV with the JB in the bridge and I realy don't like the way it sounds, but I don't like the way all humbucker bridge pickups that I have tried sound but I have only heard the JB and 59. Maybe I need to try the Jazz.

I like the way the cool rails sound though...

[ February 06, 2003, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: KV_X ]

Comment

Sounds cool, get some pics up [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

congratz on the new guitar, hurry up and show us some pics. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd stick with the 9s if that's what you're used to. The tonal difference between 10s and 9s is not very noticable so switching to 10s is in my opinion not worth the getting used to time. Play with whatever strings you prefer and let the amp, pickups and effects shape your sound.

Comment

Ooops! What I meen is switch to 9s if that's what you prefer.

Comment

Is this a new guitar or just new to you? I was browsing the Jackson website and all references to the Y2KV are gone. Not in USA or the Sig series. Looks like you got the last one.

Comment

Yeah I might switch to 9s just cuz thats what i really dig. And maybe in like a few months go to EMGs and keep the SDs in case EMGs arent as good in it. No way did I get the last one. That would be kind of crazy though. Think it be valuable if it was the last one? The guy told me he saw 5 gun metal grey y2kvs at the warehouse. And yes mine is a 2003 model. Brand new. Its just beautiful. Ill get to work on the pics this weekend or next.Sorry if they are delayed.

Comment

Working...
                X