• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vinnie and Randy

Heh, never noticed that. So much for that I guess

Comment

Yea I resurrected it because I was going to ask the same question but I did a search first and saw this thread. So i figured there was no reason to make another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by markpb:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jsullysix:
        vv also told me that he ordered it in pink.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have also heard you mention other band members you have known (mostly Winger or LA Guns style bands) What were you up to in the 80's.Did you work for a radio station or did you open for some of these bands or something? Sounds kinda interesting. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">nah, was a hollywood street urchin from 1990 - 1992. got to play on wes arkeen's disc (never released) with axl, ian astbury, billy duffy and a few others. i was roommates with august worchell, who was the lead guitarist in johnny crash.anyway, i would just kinda run into people, i guess.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

....I remember reading in either GP/GW back in '82 that Randy was waiting for #3--which was to be his 'first experiment with the Floyd Rose'and that it was, like 2 weeks from completion when he died [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] . I saw KISS in '83 w/Vinnie in the makeup and he had it. It was gold sparkle, and had a non-finetunable Floyd. I met him later during the Invasion days and he told me Grover had indeed given it to him. He said he'd put an EMG 81 w/the preamp booster circuit in the bridge and disconnected the neck PU (which would have been a Jazz were it to Randy's specs). He later painted in neon pink [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] . But it looked sooooo bitchin' before that!! I heard #4 was mistakenly sold at NAMM in '83.....

Comment

according to mike and grover, at the time of his death, there were no guitars ready and waiting for him. all they had were rough neck blanks.

vinnie told me a similar story, though, but what he told me was that the guitar that he got that was intended for randy was ordered in pink.

mystery and legend abound, but i'm believing mike on this issue. i know that grover has told the tale many a time, but he often tells it differently. with all the time that's gone on, mixed with the sad tragic tale of "guitars waiting for randy to get," the legend will never die, no matter who disspells it.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
            X