Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How common are San Dimas neckplates on 1988 guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How common are San Dimas neckplates on 1988 guitars?

The guy on the other end was waaaay cool [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

OK, I'll grant that. The guy on the other end was way cool! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I think other events may have dampened any anger he felt towards me, and put the whole thing in perspective, however...

Historical question here: there are roughly 500 of the San Dimas built Jackson strats, correct. (Please don't tell me there are exactly 500 of them.) Are these in addition to the guitars with Jackson headstocks and Charvel plates? How many of those are around?

Ross

Comment

Ken that is an amazing bound strat. Can I have dibs on it if you are ever going to sell it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Jim its very simple. Plate 1500 or under San Dimas, above that Ontario. Interestingly enough a lot of parts were the same in the transitional stage. Lots of left over Charvel bodies etc. I have a real San Dimas Jackson neck which is basically a Charvel neck with Charvel style tuners but the tuners are labeled Jackson like the older ones. If you got a good price on the lightning bolt hang on to it and let it appreciate and count yourself lucky that it didn't have a Charvel logo and price tag [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Look how awesome Kens line graphic strat looks. Nobody can tell me a Charvel is $2000 cooler than that [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know what your intentions were. Only you know that for sure. I believe any reasonable person would see that my thoughts on it are totally justified. Your explaination is also totally reasonable (that you forgot to mention the word "plate" in the description). I don't understand why a classified ad should have less info than an eBay listing, but I guess thats my personal hangup. This is beating a dead horse now as dragging it on will accomplish nothing.

The Bill Lawrence pickups seem okay so far. The bridge humbucker definately enhances the harmonics. I am not totally sold on them yet, but I will allow some time to check them out totally. If they don't work out, I will let you know.

Comment

Jim,

You're right about the poor bloody thing (horse that is)... However, I'll answer your one other statement just for the heck of it. The reason for the short ad was simply that I didn't want to waste much time with it as I figured it wouldn't go anywhere. I just always put things up here if I'm not currently using them or if I'm about to go to ebay. I figure I'll give the locals first shot. If there's any interest in a particular item I'll discuss details with whoever's interested. Sometimes I'll write up a full ad, but generally not.

Ross

Comment

Hah ...true toejam....But I bought it from a dealer who insisted that "All the model series guitars are US made in TX". I was young and stupid...what did I know??? I knew I really wanted a Soloist and could not afford one, so the Model 6 (used) seemed to be a good substitute. The singer in my band at the time bought a Model 4 at the same time (w/ neck plate [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ). Live and learn, right???

-Kenn

Comment

Originally posted by kennslp:
                At least you didn't fall victim to the "Fort Worth TX = Made in USA" fiasco that I did when I bought my first Model 6. -Kenn
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Couldn't have been a Model 6 since they're neck-thru and don't have a plate on them. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X