Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have any idea how much jackson would charge for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone have any idea how much jackson would charge for this?

I think he plans on sacrificing virgins with his guitar. he's got the pentagrams, the extra long fins. Everything's got red and black.

the headstock should be a goat skull..with horns and everything. crap, screw the ebony neck...get it chiseled out of human bone. that would be nice and smooth.

If they made that guitar...I would crap my pants. especially if it worked and sounded decent. ever seen spinal tap? yeah, you're on your way.

Comment

Re: anyone have any idea how much jackson would charge for this?

An ebony neck is almost impossible to obtain. But, i did see one once, only long enough for a bolt on neck, prices was $350USD. Ebony is extremely heavy, and very very hard. You will pay a premium for this (harder to work with, kills the tools, etc). That neck option will likely cost you $600+ US. Neck through?? add another $600 of thereabouts.

You will NEED a heavy body to counteract the heavy neck.

As for Walnut, once again, very heavy. Wlanut will balance the guitar (ebony neck heavy). You will have a very sore back and shoulder even after 45 minutes of playing.

The sound: Will be very very bright. Forget about tone, you'll have none. But, it will sustain for days on end. In fact, it would probably sustain for longer than you can hold it :-)

If you want an unfinished, black neck, try rosewood. Rosewood is not black, but with the right mixed of stain, applied correctly, you'll get the correct colour, which will absorb right into the timber. Id rather see you have the neck finished and have satin lacquer applied to the neck. Either that, or get the neck finish deglossed using 1500 or 2000 grit wet and dry paper. Much more practical, and cheaper.

If jackson wont make a bolt on neck from ebony or rosewood, contact me and i'll hook you up. Might have to wait to find the ebony though...
      --
      Regards,
      Perry

www.ormsbyguitars.com

Comment

Working...
      X