Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: frets on usa soloists - important

Both are SL2H. (met. black & ivory)
    Both are great guitars, but i don't feel the magic in this newer one as much as on the older one.
    You certainly have a point LRG this new one has to be played a bit, frets have to give a little bit with time.

But if I wanted to buy the same guitar, it was to have Exactly the same guitar... so i'm still a bit disapointed [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

In the future im be looking forward to purchase yet another one to find the perfect match to my best one. If possible i'll go again for ivory, it's simple & classic but i love it.

If soloist aren't build exactly the same way I'm afraid i will have to go custom to find the perfect match to the U09656.

Does that make a lot of price difference if i order at custom shop just a factory model but with a few differences like fret wiring or.. position of controls for instance ???
    Hmm i should make a new post for that question.

Thanx guys anyway! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Some guitars just have more 'mojo' than others. I've played $200 guitars with the mojo and $2000 ones without it.

Anyway, since they are largely made by hand, I doubt that you could ever find two exactly identical USA Jacksons.

Comment

The price difference will still be huge just because it's custom shop, they'd have to take time away to build something slightly different than the batch they were currently working on, yadda yadda yadda. Your options may not truly justify the price increase, but it'd be there.

Comment

On my japanese Kelly, the serial number begins by a "J"

[ February 23, 2003, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: keogh ]

Comment

My thought would be to play the $#!t out of the newer Soloist. Break it in 'til it plays more comfortably.

Even if you ordered a Custom Shop guitar to try and get a "duplicate" of your USA
            Select Soloist (ironic in and of itself)
            since they're handmade something would come out to make it feel not the same.

You'd have better luck playing many many
            used Soloists until you find another that
            "does it" for you the same way this one does, than spending $1000s for a Custom Shop that may or may NOT come out as you
            want.

[ February 23, 2003, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Joe, "how so?" read your first and last sentence...

As for the one guitar not being like the other, they're handmade, and the neck backshapes are finished by hand...

Yeah, import guitars usually have a J prefix with six (or more) digits, as yours does.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If the frets feel bigger and better on the first one, you could always get a refret.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X