Jackson Employee project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Employee project

I recently came into a single hum Jackson strathead that I was told was an Employee project. The body has the correct shape but the control cavity is different. It is not an import cavity and I have seen it on a few other guitars that were also "Employee Projects". Also I do not see any white primer under the paint. The neck is the Jackson strathead neck I posted in the Jackson strathead thread with the ebony fretboard. It is an 85 neck. Is it possible an employee built this body around this neck?

Comfort bevel is shorter than a San Dimas era...

It's not a competition, it's a community

Re: Jackson Employee project

That is cool!! I love 1 Hum shredders and that one is black to boot. Jack.

Comment

looks killer. anyrhing is pssible I guess. how does it play?

Comment

Is it me or in the last pic the body just doesn't look right. Maybe it's the just the shadows. The horns look too thick and the bottom of the body looks too narrow from side to side. I know it's a project but wouldn't the guy just use the same templates? Regardless, it's a very cool axe....congrats.

Comment

I have seen similar control route shaping with the little points for screws on Chandler bodies.

Comment

Yea, anything is possible but like Ray says, the body seems bit funny...
            Shape is more like old Kramer or maybe ESP?
            I guess it is the pics(with shadows) make it look strange.
            Very cool looking guitar though!
            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Just Shadows, I should have posted another pic.

I did not think it was a Chandler. I have seen this route before on other guitars including a quilt maple solid.

Comment

If the neck is an 85, and this body is supposedly later? Definitely not a Charvel body then.

Inside the electronics cavity, you see where the route is made to give the screws holding the cover plate extra material to grab on to? I've NEVER seen that on a Charvel or Jackson route ever. That brass plate would be a better fit too, at least I would think.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Here is a labeled Chandler body Chris Guitars has. The controls route has the same points inside of it.

Comment

i believe some of the dimarzio bodys had that as well.

Comment

I have a couple older (15+ years old) Chandler bodies and that is the same route. They are great bodies.

Comment

Thanks for the Pictures, does look like that Chandler

Stinkbug, could you shoot me a picture of yours?

[email protected]

Comment

My old Chandler strat body has that route but not the little shelves for the screws.....oh well.

Comment

Yeah, that route and the route on the green body are identical, they're also placed in the same proximity to the side of the guitar, and both bodies are not recessed for trem cavity covers.

The only Charvels that weren't routed for trem covers are prepros I'm pretty sure. The only Jacksons that weren't were the very first guitars that shipped, like Randy's personal guitar. I don't know about any serialized Jacksons that came with a v-trem or floyd that weren't routed for a cover, but there could be some.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

My 83' Charvel is not recess routed for a trem cover and that's much later than Pre Pro.

Comment

Working...
                              X