Archives Pic - Bengal Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archives Pic - Bengal Star

Does this body look oversized or is it just the colors?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Archives Pic - Bengal Star

part of me says oversized, but it might look big to me, because the pickups and the mounts (or is it direct mounted?) blend in wth the surrounding black stripage.

Comment

Wow, that`s nice!! Man would that be even sweeter with just 1 humbucker and a Floyd or Kahler Pro. Jack.

Comment

I dunno. Looking at my Stars the top part of the body (Explorer nub) connects at the 20th fret, while this one connects at the 18th. Also, the tip of the big horn looks like it would reach the bottom of the 12th fret, and mine is at the 14th.
        Could be the angle, but it sure does look oversized to me (Explorer sized?)

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Could be the angle, but it sure does look oversized to me (Explorer sized?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't Stars already Explorer sized to begin with? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Short scale?
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Explorers are larger than Stars. I placed mine on top of my Explorer and the Star is noticeably more narrow and shorter.

Which is wierd, since the first Star was EVH's Destroyer, which was a lawsuit Explorer.

I did have an idea once of ordering a Star that had wider, Explorer-sized points.

Newc

Comment

That photo is terribly distorted and out of focus. It is not oversized. I own that triple crown thoroughbred.

Comment

Good, then my idea is safe with me - except that I just blurted it out for anyone to take [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

I think it is just the pic makes it look like the body is big.
                    I have seen a custom shop Kelly of Kevin Bond and it looked like the neck is short scale and body looks so big but it was just the pic.

My next custom shop order will be a neck thru star with string thru [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

It's the angle
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

IIRC, that was a custom order through OSG. He might have better pics.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Good, then my idea is safe with me - except that I just blurted it out for anyone to take [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh, not that original. I talked to Lee at GMW about having my star be oversized when it was being built. He saw no real point to it, and we even ran a comparison, it just looked a little silly since the neck didn't grow with it.

Comment

I'm with Ron on this one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe if you have more wood just below the string thru or the trem bridge, it would sound different(maybe better bottom or sustain?), no?
                              Like Y2KV, there is only about 1nch or less space between the body end and where the strings go thru.

I am thinking of asking Jackson/dealer if I can order a Star body with more wood around the string thru area..

Comment

Working...
                              X