ScottIan JJ2---any fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ScottIan JJ2---any fans?

Yep, the sunburst one. The owner contacted me after it failed to sell. Excellent price, but not quite as good as yours. I wasn't really looking but the deal was too good to miss.

Comment

I haven`t played one of these guitars, but I am going to buy one soon. I have too sell my USA Fusion first. Jack.

Comment

Yer gonna LOVE your JJ2 when it gets here!! I may of got a good deal($549.new)--BUT, I didn't get a case w/mine....however, it did arrive in mint condition(wrapped in bubble wrap & duct tape in a box)

Comment

Yeah, I had a JJ1 in silver sparkle for a long time and it was a perfect guitar in all areas except that a strat shape is more comfy for me. Whats up with the NEW JJ that Scott was working on?

Comment

Ya----these guitars jj2 aren't very common, there's like 1 on ebay & I dont know of anyone that has them in stock??
            Maybe 'cause they look like a cheap Ibanez(body shape)--other than that I think they rule-I would like another one--
            I especially like them better than my RR1 cause those wing tips are VERY easy to stick in my drywall, as I have a couple times!

Comment

Nope!

[img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've grown to like the JJ2 over time. I have the Tobacco Sunburst model. I think the Chrome Hardware looks nice but not on this guitar. I just got a set of Black Gotoh Machine heads (larger buttons) and they look killer on the JJ2. I also installed a Black Gotoh Bridge and Black Strap Buttons. This is how they should have built it from the start. If anyone can post/host a picture of the JJ2 I have a couple. [email protected]
                [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

About a month or so ago, there was a JJ2 at the Guitar Center in Roseville on sale for like $499 or some insanely low price like that. I went back to buy it and it was gone, but in the next week, it was on Ebay, along with a bunch of other guitars that were on closeout at that GC. I know the guy made a couple hundred bucks off it. It was a seller in the Twin Cities (Minnesota) area, and the guitar was a tobacco burst. Is that the guitar we are talking about? It was nice! the only things I saw with it were some slight buzzing that would be easily taken care of, and the neck had a kinda funky shape to it - like a little "V" or something. Anyway, just thought I'd mention those little tidbits.

Comment

Yep ChrisOlson--my jj2 was $549.ebay I think from a guy in Minnesota, maybe--it IS Tobaccoburst & the low E string buzzes at 1-4 frets...the back of neck is V shaped(they all are)--

I ALSO need to get black hardware!!!

Comment

Mr. HOTROD, drop me a e-mail and I'll send you a picture of the JJ2 with Black Gear. [email protected]
                      [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

RR1HOTROD - Nice guitar then! Hope my "mojo" didn't rub off on it too much, otherwise you'll NEVer be able to play it!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I was SOOOOO close to buying it - I think it was $499 - maybe less - it killed me to see it gone! But you got a great buy on it either way. That thing had hung there for a couple years I bet... Because of the price, I guess it was a hard sell when you could get a Les Paul for about the same price. Ithink list on it was like $1899 or something... Good score!

Comment

Dude-if yer mojo rubbed-off on my axe, thanks-cause my playing actually IMPROVED w/my JJ2!!

I wonder if a simple truss rod adjustment would remedy the buzzing frets(1-4)??

I put 10-52 strings on her & that didn't work,
                          I think I'll buy BLACK HARDWARE, put it on, then have a luthier set it up PROPER... [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

If that doesn't fix it, the nut may have to be shimmed. I have a little trouble with that on an Ibanez S-Classic I have. I may mess with the neck angle a bit though - can't really do that with a neck-thru though, huh...bummer.

Comment

Working...
                            X