Limited edition guitars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Limited edition guitars...

"J" or "U1" serial numbers zenophobe? That's all I'm askin' you!
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I used to give this big rant about Gibon's "limited editions" of 1000 guitars. My fave guitar company is Hamer, who makes all of 3 guitars a day. That's limited. Effectively, everyone of theirs is limited.

Basically, the Limited Edition is used by Jackson to say "hey, this isn't the normal production item". You want it, come pay for it. It's not a custom, as those are one-offs. This is a series of semi-customs.

Oh, and yes, throw Limited at the end of something and the hordes just can't wait to snap it up.

Comment

"these "limited edition" roadkillyellow Soloists are not limited, they are standard production guitars, the serial numbers are proof of that, and that's my point."

No, they're not standard production. They're Limited Production. How is that so hard to fathom?

You're making a comparison to a Custom One-Off, which wouldn't be Limited, because obviously, it's a one of a kind... A limited would be something made in a small batch or run, SL2GX (and YES, it does have a custom shop Serial), the Road Hazard Yellow, only 10 are made... (though I don't see why what kind of serial number has to do with how many guitars are actually produced in a certain configuration. EMGs are NOT standard hardware, nor are the aluminum bezels or the diamond plate back covers.

Maybe you don't like them because they're "Limited" guitars. Just like Matt's Chlorine Soloists, they're NOT standard production. Hence, the term "Limited" is actually quite accurate.

Does that make them worth any more? Maybe. Does that make them collectable, I don't think so.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

xenophobe is right on the $$$. Anything "Limited Edition" is just that, a limited number of them will be produced reguardless what color or hardware or configuration it is.

Matt

Comment

Speaking of limited, Matt any word on the single hum string thru Soloist run?

Comment

Speaking of limited, Matt any word on the chlorine SL2H's? [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Hamer [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Single Hum-String Thru Soloist [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] idea

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                  Speaking of limited, Matt any word on the single hum string thru Soloist run?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Single hum string-thru Soloist?!? [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Oh my, I just may need one of those! I was thinking of ordering a single hum Carvin DC125 soon with Floyd, but I may just go for the Soloist if it will be reality. I already have a string-thru Dinky that is one of my favorites! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Single hum string-thru soloist?!?!?!?! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X