• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TO ALL US JACKSON OWNERS!!!

#1, not often, #2 very often

Comment

Gotta love the Original Floyds and Schallers... They work great. I have more tuning issues with my string thru than I do my floyded guitars... But both are really stable...
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

OFR - Not to often once locked down. More so than most on the board though. Washington changes humidity from day to day and it seems to affect the neck at times.

TOM - Everytime I go to play, and I'm using grovers but it's still out of tune most the time when I pull it off the rack.

Comment

Floyds are the ultimate in tuning stability [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Absolutely!!!!!!! i've been thinking the exact same thing greg; locking nuts should be put on every single guitar, its absence is the reason why alot of you are having to retune much too much. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I tune my guitars every time before rehearsal and gigs but they're practically always in perfect tune and stay so; both my floyded guitars as well as my Kahler-equiped guitar.

Comment

Well, my new 7 string has Sperzels, and I still find myself tuning a lot more than I do on my Floyd guitars. It may just still be settling in, but I'll probably always have to tune more on the Tune-o-matic guitars - it's just they way it goes.

Mike
                Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

My Floyd equipped guitars(Jackson USA and Charvel Mod6) are almost always in tune even after long periods between use. My Gibsons are usuall sharp after long periods between use. I hate to admit this, but the guitar I keep out and use daily is an old Samick set neck LP Custom that I fixed up with all new hardware and Seymour Duncan pickups.(action and sound rivals my white beauty Gibby LP Custom)
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm with Gregg on the Lock nut and TOM bridge with Fine tuners. I would be completely happy at that point. Floyd trems and non Floyd guitars that essentially stay in tune all the time.

Tuning my floyd equipped guitars: Almost never. Occassionally I will have to fine tune the guitars and after string changes.
                    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Dude,Give the new strings a good stretch. lock it down. Fine tune it and your set.

Comment

My Floyds are super-stable too - as are any that are well set up, ime - but I enjoy good tuning stability with my PRS CU 24 (with locking tuners and PRS Trem) and my Heritage H-555. Not AS GOOD, but NEARLY as good. Greg's 10 to 1 tuning ratio is probably about right for me as well, but where I prefer the Heritage and PRS is that they both have intonation compensated nuts which make the guitars play more "in tune" - it's a difference you can hear! I haven't heard of anyone doing that with a locking nut yet - maybe Tom Anderson with the Feiten tuning system, but I don't know).

Comment

As stated..make sure the strings are good and streatched....bend the hell out of them

Comment

Originally posted by Jimi D:
                            but where I prefer the Heritage and PRS is that they both have intonation compensated nuts which make the guitars play more "in tune" - it's a difference you can hear! I haven't heard of anyone doing that with a locking nut yet - maybe Tom Anderson with the Feiten tuning system, but I don't know).
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe Earvana has a compensated locking nut as well as a standard.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I use my Floyd all the time, and it never goes out of tune once I lock down. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
                                I have Sperzels on a Carvin A/E and, IMHO, they seem to have little or no improvement over standard tuners.

My Floyds never go out of tune, unless the neck needs some minor adjustment due to changes in weather conditions, etc. Can't blame the Floyd for that.

Also, I'm with Greg on that. It would be killer to have a Floyd nut-equipped TOM guitar with fine tuners. I'd be all over that. Otherwise, I've been spoiled by Floyds' tuning stability and have a hard time justifying the purchase of anything else. Whatever you think of their feel or whatever, nothing matches the tuning stability of Floyds. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">------------------------------------------
                                I just want you to know that you can have a TOM with a lock nut.
                                Schaller makes a fine tuning tail peice to replace the tail peice on TOM systems which would make it totally possible for you to put a locking nut on a TOM.
                                [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                                An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                                A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Working...
                                X