I have a San Dimas Randy Rhoads question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a San Dimas Randy Rhoads question

I have the chance to pick up a Jackson Rhoads serial number RR 0213. It's black with all brass hardware including a brass V tailpiece, but this guitar is a Student with no binding, and dots only. The guitar has it's original case, and it's in 8.5 out of 10 condition, so it's a really nice looking guitar, but I'm not sure about the price I should be willing to pay for the guitar. Can any one give me an idea of the value of these guitars. I think the owner may be thinking around the $1000 range.

Roy

Re: I have a San Dimas Randy Rhoads question

Early number. It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If you pass on it I am sure that others here would not mind a shot at it...

Comment

Ok, but is a grand a good, bad or average price?

Comment

<font color="aqua">I think what Chris is trying to say that it's worth it if it's worth it to you. Have you played it? </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I sold a black parts Student all stock # RR0218 for $1000 at the last Philly show. I couldn't get $800 for it on eBay.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I sold a black parts Student all stock # RR0218 for $1000 at the last Philly show. I couldn't get $800 for it on eBay.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">All except the switch tip... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

Comment

oh yeah! i forgot about that!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                <font color="aqua">I think what Chris is trying to say that it's worth it if it's worth it to you. Have you played it? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

No I can't play it. It's in another state. That's why I don't want to get to much tied up in it. I know that things are worth what they are worth to who ever is buying it, but every thing has a book value as well, and that's what I'm looking for so I don't get in to deep on this guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your's had black hardware? So was the student hard to sell?

Comment

hey dave, did i ever send you the switch tip off my San Dimas Rhoads?
                    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      hey dave, did i ever send you the switch tip off my San Dimas Rhoads?

[/ QUOTE ]

No sir, but there's no need to now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Thanks for the offer my friend.
                      Dave ->

Comment

Yes, it was a black hardware version. It wasn't so much a hard sell as it was nobody wanted to pay more than $700 on the internet. At the show a dealer bought it, so someone thinks they can make money on it. It was a great guitar at that money and if it was any other shape I would have kept it.

Comment

its
                          yours
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The market for RR Students varies greatly form what I've seen. Black with brass/gold hardware is desireable because it looks closer to Randy's black one, BUT the rosewood/dots combo softens the collectibility.
                            There is no "book value" for Jacksons per se. At least not a fair and honest value, due to the widespread misconception that they are "80's Hair Metal Geetars", and therefore practically worthless.

I'd say if you're not willing to pay $1000, let someone else have a shot at it who DOES think it's worth that much.

Newc
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X