Check out this Kelly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check out this Kelly?

The guy says he talked to Jackson and it is in fact a KE1F, only change is the pickup.

Comment

Hell, if it's a USA and it's only $750 (granted there's nothing wrong with it), the seller obviously doesn't know what he has. I'd jump all over that without question! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I really love trans-black over a quilt, it looks so awesome.

Comment

i tlooks like Jack Frost's guitar from Savatage

Comment

I own a KE1 TQ..................single hum, tun-o-matic, string thru, trans blue quilt. This guitar does not have Marty's signature on it either. The guy I bought it from said it was used at the 99 NAMM show. He purchased it from Los Music and subsequently sold it to me (and not at $750, either)!! I ran a serial # check and they said it was finished in Nov. of 98. The e-mail was signed "Jackson Custom Shop", but it has a U0XXXX serial number. I'm not sure if it is a custom shop or if the custom shop does the serial # research. If it was made in the custom shop maybe that would explain the missing signature? Any thoughts? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

KE1's generally go for $800 so it comes as no surprise to me.

Comment

But it didn't say Marty Friedman on the headstock. Jackson had told him this was not a signature guitar.
                I guess they must have made some KE1s that wasn't signature models.

Comment

Damagecase, all guitars are built in the custom shop. They're just not all custom guitars. The USA Selects are from the same place as the true customized guitars.

Comment

Well... The price is $850 now and he is taking offers over that so..... LOL

Comment

Oh... and it is not mint. Has some scratches but he cant take pics of them. Comes with case too. Good luck to all who want it. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

$750 for a USA Kelly ain't bad.
                        All USA Select neckthrough models made since 1990 start with "U", except for some of the RR models.
                        "U" designates "USA" manufacture, while "J" followed by 6 numbers would designate a Japanese-made neckthrough model (Soloist, Kelly, Warrior, Concert bass, Rhoads).
                        All USA Select Jacksons are made in the USA Jackson Custom Shop.
                        There were USA "non-Marty" Kellys made. I think he had the KE-1 (Kahler bridge), which also includes the KE-1F (Floyd) and KE-1MF (Musicians Foe). Not all of them bore his sig.
                        The KE-2 was not his sig model and thus did not carry his sig on the head.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It will be coming home to me.... I had to have it.

This will be USA Kelly # 3 for me.

I have an EDS KE2 and a blue flametop KE2 to keep her company. I am bulding quite the Kelly collection now. MUST get a MF model and a string thru now. LOL.

$775 shipped with case.

Comment

Congratulations Firebird. Nice score. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks KV1. If anyone knows of any stringthru or MF models going at a good price, turn me on if your going to pass. I may be selling the blue flametop for $900 if anyone is interested. It is in like new shape and great to play. I have a KE2 in Erie Dess and I dont need two of the same so the Blue flametop may have to go soon... I would trade it for a stringthru or MF model or a Kahler non trem model too.

Comment

I Got it! It is 99% mint! whooo hooo! wwHAT A SCORE.!!!! tHANKS! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X