Are the new virtuoso worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the new virtuoso worth it?

For my next guitar I am looking for a USA superstrat. So is the virtuoso worth it? Other alternatives for me would be kiesel jb24 and a used mm jp6. Or maybe a flame maple trans DK1 which is 200$ more than the virtuoso. How do the virtuoso compare to the others?

I never tried the new USA Jacksons, but for a 200$ difference I would clearly go for the DK1

Comment

Prior to the debut of the American Series SL3, I don't believe I had seen a single USA Jackson in a local store since the 2000s. I recall seeing a USA Select Series KV2T in the mid-2000s and that was the last one I saw in the wild.

When the American Series SL3 debuted, I saw numerous examples in different local stores. I took this as a sign that FMIC was going to really push the American Series guitars. Finally, USA Jacksons available to see in local stores again!

When the American Series Virtuoso debuted, I looked forward to seeing them in stores, but still have yet to come across any, at least in my city. So now I am not sure about FMIC's intentions. I still see plenty of SL3s though!

Comment

I'd go with a Kiesel

Comment

I'd rather just find a used DK1. Not a fan of the streaked ebony fingerboards they are stuck to using now. I don't know about anyone else but when I buy ebony, I expect black and only black.

Comment

Originally posted by vexille View Post
            I'd rather just find a used DK1. Not a fan of the streaked ebony fingerboards they are stuck to using now. I don't know about anyone else but when I buy ebony, I expect black and only black.
            Same here. Ebony is supposed to be all black. But they always have to cheapen out on something. Them beancounters can't help themselves.

Comment

Working...
            X