Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 36 years my neck is still perfect , simply AMAZING !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 36 years my neck is still perfect , simply AMAZING !!!!!

I have an 88 USA custom strat Jackson , that has a 75 to 83 thickness with a 1.68 nut ., they didnt use carbon rods for reinforcement back then , and after 36 years the neck is still dead on nuts perfect !!!!! Its still perfect in everyway , NO twisting NO warping ..NOTHING !!!.....Im astounded that a thin neck can remain 100 percent perfect after 36 years , i cant even imagine the attention to wood selection they had back then. .

That’s sensational man! Certainly made with care back then for sure..

Comment

I have several MIJ Charvels that have perfect necks even after 30 plus years down the road, and I agree the quality in things from years ago are several notches above a lot of what we see today.

Comment

It's perfectly normal for a good Jackson to have perfect necks for a long time.
        That's why they are so expensive instruments. Excellent wood, hardware, and astonishing level of work.

My best guitar is an 86 soloist. It's not only in perfect state but it's the most perfect neck I have played. I have an RR1T that has double the price and it's not even close in the matter of comfort.

Comment

my 87 usa strat is one of my best players. it's also pretty much pristine

my 88 usa strat is a real player's guitar with tons of honest wear, and probably needs a good setup, and probably would benefit from new frets but still plays amazingly and has one of the most resonant sounds of all my instruments.

Comment

Working...
          X