Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can JT6 saddles be individually shimmed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can JT6 saddles be individually shimmed ?

My low E string seems to be sitting a little low , and im running 8 to 38 strings , i want to raise the low E up just a hair ..Can i take the saddle off and make a small thin shim and put it underneath?

I thought the JT6 had individual staggered heights under the saddles to being with (built into the baseplate). It's been a long time since I've owned one, but you might be able to put a shim under there.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think ill take it apart and see....or im thinking a floppy .38 E string might be the culprit for string rattle ...8 to 38 might be a little light

Comment

Yes its staggered kinda like the ibanez edge trems. And yes you can shim them with a similar shims that you would use with Floyd rose.

Comment

Thanks Ed ...ill give it a try !!!

Comment

Remember when you loosen the screw on the top there is a nut on the other side of the trem and it can just drop out of there.

Comment

can i hold the nut with my finger ? Please dont tell me i have to take the whole trem off to mate the nut and bolt back together

Comment

or can i just loosen the bolt and slide a shim in there then just simply retighten ?

Comment

depends on the shim, but yes you should be able to slide it in but if you drop the nut its game over

Comment

worked like a charm !!!!!.....i made a shim from a clear plastic soda bottle ...perfect thickness , now all 6 string are dead on perfect alignment . The saddle doesnt even need to come off, just loosen and slide it in !

Comment

THANKS ED !!!! you rock !!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X