Truss rod wrench size ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss rod wrench size ?

Any you guys know what size truss rod wrench I’ll need for an 88’ USA Jackson dinky? Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Pjc007 View Post
    Any you guys know what size truss rod wrench I’ll need for an 88’ USA Jackson dinky? Thanks in advance
    3/16
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

3/16
      Hey John looks bigger than that mate. Tried a 1/4” socket on it and seems to fit but it’s too bulky to get in the cavity all the way so I’ll order a proper 1/4” truss rod tool. Thanks

Comment

Hey John looks bigger than that mate. Tried a 1/4” socket on it and seems to fit but it’s too bulky to get in the cavity all the way so I’ll order a proper 1/4” truss rod tool. Thanks
        Oh, it's a 7mm pipe truss wrench.

20230112_055555_HDR[1].jpg

here's some links on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...rench&_sacat=0

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Oh, it's a 7mm pipe truss wrench.

20230112_055555_HDR[1].jpg

here's some links on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...rench&_sacat=0
          No, I have a 7mm wrench (exactly like the one pictured) that I tried on it and it’s sloppy! It’s a 1/4” I’m sure now after trying the socket on it.

Comment

No, I have a 7mm wrench (exactly like the one pictured) that I tried on it and it’s sloppy! It’s a 1/4” I’m sure now after trying the socket on it.
            There's a set listed of three different sizes on that ebay page. USA's older J/C model vary, my 86 takes a 3/16 allen wrench so does my 98 soloist

Comment

There's a set listed of three different sizes on that ebay page. USA's older J/C model vary, my 86 takes a 3/16 allen wrench so does my 98 soloist
              Thanks, I was able to order a 1/4” locally. I already have a 5/16 and 7mm for my Les Paul’s and old 80’s Charvel. Should have all bases covered now

Comment

Working...
              X