No announcement yet.

No more USA SL-2H Soloists being made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fender stock has only risen as they shut down plants (Mexico) laid off 2430 people and exc took a 40% cut in pay. They were set to go under before covid and instead after all that shit, their stock went up 12% which they had a record year of profits and are modeling the dealer sale to limit cost and show more profits.

What do you want most? Stuff that's hard to get if you're normal that is. MIM you could buy and turn around and double your money selling them, now you can hardly get 7-800 for one even in a cool color.
    I do think that eventually they will sell the brand or change it back to normal.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
      Fender stock has only risen as they shut down plants (Mexico) laid off 2430 people and exc took a 40% cut in pay. They were set to go under before covid and instead after all that shit, their stock went up 12% which they had a record year of profits and are modeling the dealer sale to limit cost and show more profits.
      That is unfortunately the case for ALL companies in the stock market: the more they fire the more their stocks increase.

I agree that Fender has little interest in investing in Charvel Jackson, right now it appears they are just released import guitar at low prices convincing people they are as good as the American Selected series...for the old Japanese Professional series it was true, but the Japanese owners never thought to replace the American guitar with the MIJ, they preferred to lower the quality of their domestic guitars and limiting the high end Japanese models for the Japanese market.

'90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
      '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
      '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
      '92 Fender Strat scallop
      '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
      '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

I only just found this thread, as I too was wondering where the USA Series had gone. I think I might have better luck finding one used.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          I only just found this thread, as I too was wondering where the USA Series had gone. I think I might have better luck finding one used.
          You just have to order one, like a custom .I don't like new guitars anyway
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
            Also I heard that you have to wait 3 years now for a custom order. They are ruining themselves man
            Thew wait during '85 was a year , and we were selling brand new Jackson Soloists at full retail of $2999
            I figured this would be coming, and glad it has really. Concentrate on making great guitars again, not just filling orders for the masses.
            Unfortunately Fender will crank up the prices to fill the money gap.

I see used SL-1's of this century selling for 3k , thats insane, when vintage hasn't been much higher, guess I'm gonna sit on the last of mine

Comment

Working...
            X