Difference of neck plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference of neck plates

Is there a guide of the neck plates that Jackson used at different times and an explanation of their differences?

What is the difference between these two neck plates: https://www.screencast.com/t/hizwnAoOZV

the left one is the standard neck plate from USA jacksons since they moved mailing addresses from san dimas to ontario california in 1987. so that would be from 1987 until maybe 200x? there might small changes to the plate in that time period that I cannot enumerate. also note that some jacksons post 1987 still have san dimas plates that were leftover.

the plate on the right was used after the ontario plates from 200x? until 201x? (or maybe still until today...) on production USA jackson bolt-ons. at some point however custom selects started to get plates that had the corona california address on them
    Last edited by metalhobo; 08-10-2021, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Clear. Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
        the left one is the standard neck plate from USA jacksons since they moved mailing addresses from san dimas to ontario california in 1987. so that would be from 1987 until maybe 200x? there might small changes to the plate in that time period that I cannot enumerate. also note that some jacksons post 1987 still have san dimas plates that were leftover.

the plate on the right was used after the ontario plates from 200x? until 201x? (or maybe still until today...) on production USA jackson bolt-ons. at some point however custom selects started to get plates that had the corona california address on them
        Any plate under 1540 is 86 on Jackson's, it goes higher on Charvels. There's no differences in bolt hole placements.
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
        X