Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference in quality /specs of 90s RR1 vs Modern RR1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in quality /specs of 90s RR1 vs Modern RR1?

Is there a big difference in quality for the 90s RR1 and Fender owned 2021 RR1s?
    I know the older ones had Schaller short bolt Floyd Rose's.
    But what else? Wood density?
    NECK Profile, thickness? I noticed some people list their necks as different shape or thickness but not sure what is what.
    Thanks

Need to make a distinction here.

An American-made, production model Rhoads from 1990 to 1995 would have been called a Jackson USA Series Rhoads Custom and had the JT590 trem and Bill Lawrence pickups. For specs, see page 17 of 24 of the following PDF: https://assets.ctfassets.net/4jcppge...93-catalog.pdf

An American-made, production model Rhoads from 1996 to present day is called the Jackson USA Select Series RR1 and has an OFR trem and Seymour Duncan pickups. Compare the above with the specs found on the current Jackson website: https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...rr1/2803060803

So, when you say "90s RR1", you are not incorrect, but just need to distinguish between pre-1996 (which would be incorrect to call an RR1) and post-1996 (which is correct to say RR1 because 1996 was when that model designation was first used).

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post
      Is there a big difference in quality for the 90s RR1 and Fender owned 2021 RR1s?
      I know the older ones had Schaller short bolt Floyd Rose's.
      But what else? Wood density?
      NECK Profile, thickness? I noticed some people list their necks as different shape or thickness but not sure what is what.
      Thanks
      yes, ones made by fender! enough said lol
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        Need to make a distinction here.

An American-made, production model Rhoads from 1990 to 1995 would have been called a Jackson USA Series Rhoads Custom and had the JT590 trem and Bill Lawrence pickups. For specs, see page 17 of 24 of the following PDF: https://assets.ctfassets.net/4jcppge...93-catalog.pdf

An American-made, production model Rhoads from 1996 to present day is called the Jackson USA Select Series RR1 and has an OFR trem and Seymour Duncan pickups. Compare the above with the specs found on the current Jackson website: https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...rr1/2803060803

So, when you say "90s RR1", you are not incorrect, but just need to distinguish between pre-1996 (which would be incorrect to call an RR1) and post-1996 (which is correct to say RR1 because 1996 was when that model designation was first used).
        Ok then a 91 vs a 2005.
        I noticed a lot of 91s out there have Seymour Duncans. Either the year is incorrect, or they upgraded the pickups. Now the main question is difference in Neck profile if u know? The catalogs dont say in the 91 catalog. Thanks

Comment

Ok then a 91 vs a 2005.
          I noticed a lot of 91s out there have Seymour Duncans. Either the year is incorrect, or they upgraded the pickups. Now the main question is difference in Neck profile if u know? The catalogs dont say in the 91 catalog. Thanks
          Fender bought jackson around 2003. Though people will get butthurt the neck shapes changed. Not as bad but if you've played both you would notice. it all depends on what you like, really.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Fender bought jackson around 2003. Though people will get butthurt the neck shapes changed. Not as bad but if you've played both you would notice. it all depends on what you like, really.
            But the question is HOW is the neck different? I mean i can't walk into a shop and try a USA jackson out. Its even hard to find pros lets alone anything higher than $800 in Guitar center , Sam ASH.

But if anything, like I said i love this MII soloist neck. As long as its not the Mexican Fender neck we talked about on that SL3 chlorine burst :P

Comment

But the question is HOW is the neck different? I mean i can't walk into a shop and try a USA jackson out. Its even hard to find pros lets alone anything higher than $800 in Guitar center , Sam ASH.

But if anything, like I said i love this MII soloist neck. As long as its not the Mexican Fender neck we talked about on that SL3 chlorine burst :P
              The center or (h,k) is taller on newer model generally speaking.

Comment

The center or (h,k) is taller on newer model generally speaking.
                an SL3 is a MIJ soloist without binding, Hence the SL.The three denotes the number of pickups. I have an SL-4 which is a 22 fret and H<H configuration and is also MIJ. Both are no longer made. nor did they come in that kind of finish.

Comment

an SL3 is a MIJ soloist without binding, Hence the SL.The three denotes the number of pickups. I have an SL-4 which is a 22 fret and H<H configuration and is also MIJ. Both are no longer made. nor did they come in that kind of finish.
                  Sorry I messed up. I forgot it was a Dinky https://www.amazon.com/Jackson-DK3QM.../dp/B01MR7H4MS

Comment

Working...
                  X