X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me guitar day..SLS

90's SLS image_9168.jpg 20210417_132718_HDR.jpg 20210417_132655_HDR.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-17-2021, 02:45 PM.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

20210417_135102_HDR.jpg
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Haha, I'm already missing it. Enjoy dude!

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
        Haha, I'm already missing it. Enjoy dude!
        I will. Thanks BZ

Comment

Dang, just a new guitar already? haha congrats! I have never seen this model before

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post
            Dang, just a new guitar already? haha congrats! I have never seen this model before
            Yes, 11 is never enough. I'm sure you haven't seen this exact model with sharkies, pretty rare.

the SLS mean super light soloist. they only weigh about 6-7 pounds, have a aaaa maple cap,
            mahogany body and neck, 22 frets, matching body and headstock on the select series.
            Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-19-2021, 09:59 AM.

Comment

What's the story on the inlays? Dealer run model?

Wicked cool colour.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                What's the story on the inlays? Dealer run model?

Wicked cool colour.
                It had really "big" strings on it when bz bought it and he never changed them. like four wound strings big. I turned the truss a 3/4 turn after i put 9-42 on it last night and it had really good action. i am still in the setup stage, when I say big, my g string was the sane size as the high e. I'm thinking select dealer factory ordered option.
                Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-18-2021, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah, it was either 12s or 13s, I'm inclined to say 13s. They were ridiculously huge.

Had I ever bothered to restring it with 9s or 10s it may still be mine

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                    Yeah, it was either 12s or 13s, I'm inclined to say 13s. They were ridiculously huge.

Had I ever bothered to restring it with 9s or 10s it may still be mine
                    Yes, I would have trusted that gauge of string to zipline from easily, for real. 9-42 has 88 pounds of tension 10's go up 20% 11's are like 180 something pounds and these were bigger than 11's

Comment

20210418_160001_HDR (2).jpg that's less than a mil and a half at the 12 fret. No buzz
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!!

Congratulations!!

Comment

Nice! Love the reverse sharks and zebra pickups. What pickups, BTW?
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

SD pearly gates and something else lol I think. they sound great as little as i've been able to play lately

Comment

Cool! I've got a Pearly Gates set in my PRS CE24 I got back in December. They sound pretty good for lower output PAF-type pickups.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X