Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24.75" USA soloists and archtops

Hi all,
    Great that the forum seems to be up and running smoothly again.
    I was wondering if you guys (especially those who have been around for a while) know of the existence of either of the following models with a 24.75" scale length (US-made):
    -Soloist (Floyd/Schaller), HS or HH
    -Soloist Archtop (fixed bridge), HH or HSS

I am thinking that it would be a case of people having ordered their Jacksons like this (making the possibility of their existence rare, and the possibility of finding one for sale super-rare).
    Looking forward to hearing from y'all. Cheers and stay safe

To my recollection, no production model USA Soloists or USA Soloist Archtops were ever Gibson scale. (Custom Shop Soloists would be a different story.)

The USA Fusion would be pretty close as a production model Jackson superstrat that is short-scale, but it has a bolt-neck.

If you are willing to consider other shapes, the original USA Warrior of the early 90s (well before the WR1 designation) and the USA KV2T were Gibson scale.

If you are willing to consider "rival-to-USA-quality, made by Chushin Gakki in Japan", the Charvel 750 and the Jackson Archtop Soloist Professional were Gibson scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
      To my recollection, no production model USA Soloists or USA Soloist Archtops were ever Gibson scale. (Custom Shop Soloists would be a different story.)

The USA Fusion would be pretty close as a production model Jackson superstrat that is short-scale, but it has a bolt-neck.

If you are willing to consider other shapes, the original USA Warrior of the early 90s (well before the WR1 designation) and the USA KV2T were Gibson scale.

If you are willing to consider "rival-to-USA-quality, made by Chushin Gakki in Japan", the Charvel 750 and the Jackson Archtop Soloist Professional were Gibson scale.
      Cool, I thought as much. Not much point in looking for a USA model then, by the looks of it.
      Regarding Japanese models, I have a 750XL and Japanese domestic market models Jackson Soloist Jr. and Charvel SDK-115. I'd really like something USA made, preferably 1989 or earlier.
      Love Warriors, but I don't play music that suits.

Comment

USA made + 1989 or earlier + short scale = A recipe for a needle in a haystack. If my history is correct, prior to 1990 there were no USA standardized production models, which means you'd have to track down someone's one-off/custom guitar and hope it has a short scale, or settle for a Charvel Fusion if you want something from 1989 or earlier. With 1990, at least you can get a USA production model like a USA Jackson Fusion or a USA Jackson Warrior 😃

Comment

USA made + 1989 or earlier + short scale = A recipe for a needle in a haystack. If my history is correct, prior to 1990 there were no USA standardized production models, which means you'd have to track down someone's one-off/custom guitar and hope it has a short scale, or settle for a Charvel Fusion if you want something from 1989 or earlier. With 1990, at least you can get a USA production model like a USA Jackson Fusion or a USA Jackson Warrior 😃
          I guess I should give up on the dream.
          I think it's absurd that the custom shop does not make archtops, nor will they do a 24.75" scale soloist. Before they cancelled that option, you had to pay the master builder upcharge for it.
          Some "custom" shop.

Comment

The Jackson SLS Soloist is 24.75" that came around in 2003, with a hardtail bridge and 22 frets. It wasn't around very long.
            Attached Files
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              The Jackson SLS Soloist is 24.75" that came around in 2003, with a hardtail bridge and 22 frets. It wasn't around very long.
              Funnily, that looks similar to the Charvel Questar - not sure if that was exported from Japan (early '90s)

Comment

Though, the body shape is slightly different, and the Questar has 24 frets. Did the Questars also have short scale?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Though, the body shape is slightly different, and the Questar has 24 frets. Did the Questars also have short scale?
                  They did. Shame they're ugly (to me)

Comment

Thanks toejam for spotting the SLS! Added to my memory bank.

Comment

The Sls started1996 i believe, i have an 1998 flamed mahogany/flamed maple veneer myself.
                      here you can find more Info.
                      https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...n-sls-opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Alex84 View Post
                        The Sls started1996 i believe, i have an 1998 flamed mahogany/flamed maple veneer myself.
                        here you can find more Info.
                        https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...n-sls-opinions
                        True, but those older ones had 24 frets and TOM bridge, and they weren't shorter scale. Or were they?

Comment

You are right, The first Generation is 25.5 and 22 Frets and TOM with Stoptail.

I thought it Was 24.75, but i just checked it here
                          http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...98_catalog.pdf
                          I also just Masured it, but it is correct, it is Standard scale.
                          Mine looks Like the one in the catalog, the soloist superlight.

But my Fusion really is 24.75 and 24 frets.
                          Last edited by Alex84; 09-01-2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Cool. I seem to remember some SLS with 22 frets and some with 24, always thought they looked neat. Didn't think they were short scale, either.

The Fusions were only 24.75" scale and 24 frets, though.

Comment

Thanks toejam for spotting the SLS! Added to my memory bank.
                              No problem!

Comment

Working...
                              X