No announcement yet.

USA 2013 DK1 Gold headstock logo legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA 2013 DK1 Gold headstock logo legit?

Hi 1st time posting.
    I'm after the legitamacy of a 2013 USA DK1. Apparently the body has been refinished to a very high standard and was was wondering about the headstock which has a gold Jackson logo and made in usa. Never seen this before. Serial no. 007098. Any help would be appreciated.
    https://www.protonemusicuk.com/produ...93836701786-13
    Thanks
    Starts
    08-08-2020
    Ends
    08-08-2020

I dont see anything wrong with that. Maybe the headstock was refinished too. That guitar would have come with EMGs from the factory hence the battery cavity on the back. I bought 1 guitar from those guys before had no issues except for their prices are pretty high and they dont want to budge on them either.

That guitar has been sitting in their inventory for a while now and maybe they droped the price a bit i thought it was higher but not sure. Also it has some upgrades to the floyd aswell on top of the pickups. Also the neck looks like quartersawn maple.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by rhoadspro1976 View Post
        Thanks for the info
        So did you end up buying it? Looks like it sold.

Comment

No if it was pretty local I'd go and have a look but aleays feel it's a gamble when I've not seen it in the flesh.

Comment

Authentic, and seems well done. I LOVE the look of that guitar and especially the gold logo, and I really like all-black guitars in general... but who REFINISHES a guitar from ANYTHING-EXCEPT-BLACK to just plain BLACK when it's relatively easy to just buy another DK1 in black due to its prevalence? Black has to be the most boring choice, the owner could have chosen ANY color/artwork in the world for a refinish, whatever original finish it had was probably more interesting than ubiquitous black. The only situation I would find this reasonable is if the guitar was also originally black, the finish got damaged, and the owner wanted to keep the color original, but spice up the look of the headstock.

Comment

Oh i saw it on reverb it was 1800 euros before and they dropped the price to close to 1300.

Hopefully it went to someone else than the Essex recording studio guy that will just hike the price to something like 3000 euros.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                Authentic, and seems well done. I LOVE the look of that guitar and especially the gold logo, and I really like all-black guitars in general... but who REFINISHES a guitar from ANYTHING-EXCEPT-BLACK to just plain BLACK when it's relatively easy to just buy another DK1 in black due to its prevalence? Black has to be the most boring choice, the owner could have chosen ANY color/artwork in the world for a refinish, whatever original finish it had was probably more interesting than ubiquitous black. The only situation I would find this reasonable is if the guitar was also originally black, the finish got damaged, and the owner wanted to keep the color original, but spice up the look of the headstock.
                Also it might be that it generated one of those delaminations you often see on Jackson headstocks.

Comment

Essex recording studios wtf. That guy mopping up ebay and inflating - terrible. Here's a 400quid 30 year old knackered ESP with an obsolete sinclair floyd that'll go for 2grand? Can't believe the cheek of that place.

Comment

I said in another topic about a different guitar, but same store....

There were 3 units for sale between ebay and reverb. Two of them are from this 'over priced' store.
                    If that is the unit you want, that is the price you need to pay. Because there aren't many other options.

I say good for them. If people have enough respect for their customer service to pay what some consider to be over priced items, good. I'm sick of everyone expecting everything for nothing.
                    When someone is willing to work for free, I may be willing to give service for free. But my rent doesn't get paid trying to be cheaper than the next guy.
                    And each and every single one of us knows how good these units are. Why would we want to give them away.

Comment

Fair enough. I just say learn as much as you can about things and try not to over pay. As you say no one can work for free, but its hard earned and easily spent so be careful👍

Comment

No question he can ask what he wants, but when he prices a 10-15 year old DK2 for well over $1000 and such things...
                        folks are certainly going to lose their minds in laughter.
                        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                        X