Jackson JJP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JJP

I was googling around for a little history on the JJP, and lo and behold, seems there weren’t many produced. Mine is purple. I saw a few posts here and on the web about JJP guitars with blank neckplates and a USED stamp on the back of the headstock. Some had a sticker on the neckplate. I can clear that up for you.

In the late 90s, I worked as the sales manager for MIRC, which bought salvage guitars from many manufacturers, reconditioned them and resold them. Most of it was overseas made, but after making a connection with Jackson at a NAMM show, we arranged to buy our first ever load of Jackson “scrap”. We weren’t sure the grade, but were stoked because it wasUS made - kinda rare inventory for us.

And it was a small, but awesome load. It was heavy on the JJ series and Rhodes Vs. We had JJP models in black, tobacco sunburst and purple. For those JJPs, we tossed the original neckplates and replaced them with blank ones and a sticker with a generic serial number, and stamped the headstock USED. This was to prevent warranty returns - and if we didn’t agree to do that, we wouldn’t have been able to land the load.

So if you see one of those out there, that’s why it’s the way it is. Even my purple one has the USED stamp and generic neckplate. I argued with the shop to PLEASE just grind off the serial number and leave the rest alone, but they felt it easier to swap.

I wish i would’ve grabbed more from that load. I babysat a black Rhodes V for a weekend... but even our cost was more than i wanted to spend.

Pics Please!!!

Comment

I had a black one with standard neck plate. Those things are pretty small, even smaller than a Les Paul. Kinda weird with a bolt-on painted neck, but it sounded incredible. I'm not sure why I got rid of mine, but I traded it.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here's pics of the guitar: https://imgur.com/gallery/TKXjORV

Comment

I've got a black one w the replaced neck plate and sticker on it. It came w a black G&G case w red ends like some custom shop guitars came/come with. Did the ones that came thru your shop have cases like this? Also, were these supposedly sold like this because of flood/water damage?

This was not the first Jackson I had with this swapped plate and used stamp on it. Got a japan made AT2T w armstrong pickups in ~2000 for a little over a 100 and later traded it for a used Soldano 2x12 cab w V30s at GC which I still have.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
          X