USA Select KV2 arrived 6 months ahead of schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Select KV2 arrived 6 months ahead of schedule

I have played Jacksons for 30 years... until now I only had mid-level to upper mid-level models from Japan and Indonesia. I received the box in cold weather yesterday and waited until almost midnight to let it acclimate. The 5 minutes I had with my new KV2 last night might be the biggest "pinch me" moment in my life!! At work now and cannot wait to get home!

I kinda wondered if this means the US shop is picking up a bit... All I heard last year was horror stories about wait times.

I also had a question... this KV2 sounded great when plugged in, but when silent there's definitely some pick-up noise... it's not a grounding issue as there's no change when touching different parts of the guitar. Anyone else have this? Did you solve it? I am still beyond happy, it just seemed noisier than my other guitars.

The thread is worthless without pics
    Last edited by CaptNasty; 01-17-2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedCorpse View Post
      I have played Jacksons for 30 years... until now I only had mid-level to upper mid-level models from Japan and Indonesia. I received the box in cold weather yesterday and waited until almost midnight to let it acclimate. The 5 minutes I had with my new KV2 last night might be the biggest "pinch me" moment in my life!! At work now and cannot wait to get home!

I kinda wondered if this means the US shop is picking up a bit... All I heard last year was horror stories about wait times.

I also had a question... this KV2 sounded great when plugged in, but when silent there's definitely some pick-up noise... it's not a grounding issue as there's no change when touching different parts of the guitar. Anyone else have this? Did you solve it? I am still beyond happy, it just seemed noisier than my other guitars.
      are they passive pickups? if so, it sounds it IS a grounding issue. for properly grounded electronics the noise should decrease when touching the ground conductor.

Comment

Working...
      X