97 PC1 and bridge Hiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 PC1 and bridge Hiss

I have a 97 PC1 and the sustainer seems to work as expected, but there seems to be a lot of hiss and noise when the bridge is active. It doesn't seem to be affected too much with the sustainer on or off. Tends to go away with touching the guitar and I notice a lot of hissing as I move my hand over the metal cavity cover. Is this nothing more than a grounding issue on that pickup? I am a complete novice at wiring. Is there particular contact I should be looking for as a point of failure? I've had the guitar for a number of years- bought it second hand, and haven't played it much as a result.

thanks!

Mark

sounds more like a shielding issue. having some hiss/interference when you're not touching any metal (grounded) parts of the guitar is normal, but I'm guessing you're posting this problem because on this particular guitar it's significantly louder than your other guitars. how loud exactly is it? a recording would be nice (on a clean sounding amp, so we don't have to guess how much gain you're using).

Comment

Sounds like you have a grounding issue. Pull the back and check all the wiring and even the connectors to the sustainer board.
      Sometimes just disconnecting and reconnecting the PCB connectors will solve any issues with board connections.
      -Rick

Comment

Working...
      X