What do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think?

Have an opportunity that has cropped up. I have first dibs on a 1989 Dinky Strat Style in Candy Blue. It is in really good shape especially for its age. There is no fret wear, the bridge is in good shape. Finish has light swirls that can be polished out. Two buckle rash scratches on the back that could easily be drop filled. The neck pocket is clean. OHSC is included.

The guy who has it is the original owner. He worked at a local guitar store back in the 80s and won the guitar for selling the most Jackson inventory.

Last edited by CaptNasty; 08-17-2019, 12:00 PM.

Very nice! Custom shop too. Love the H/S pickup layout.

Comment

love it

Comment

I am contemplating swapping out the pickups for an SSL-5 in the neck and an Evo 2 in the bridge.

My oldest son works in a guitar store with the owner. They let him bring it home over the weekend, so I got an extended audition with the guitar.

I am buying the guitar tomorrow.

Comment

Love it nice score

Comment

Very cool! Love the matching headstock.

Comment

Great find! Congrats!

Comment

Wow... What a rare find. Congrats! Love the H-S pickup configuration, my favorite.

Comment

Beaut and has the rare Duncan Parallel Axis trembucker at the bridge. I have the Distortion version of that in one of my Charvels and it is an INTENSE lead pickup!
                  '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                  '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                  '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                  '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                  '90 Charvel 475 XL
                  '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                  Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                  Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                  Marshall JVM410H

Comment

isn't that a thoroughbred music guitar?...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
                      isn't that a thoroughbred music guitar?...d.m.
                      Yes it is. It was awarded as a prize for a sales contest at Thoroughbred.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shadow View Post
                        Beaut and has the rare Duncan Parallel Axis trembucker at the bridge. I have the Distortion version of that in one of my Charvels and it is an INTENSE lead pickup!
                        Thanks, I was getting ready to do research to identify the pickup but you beat me to it. I have played it on a Friedman, Marshall, and Archon. That pickup really drove all three amps.

Comment

Originally posted by FireEagle View Post
                          Wow... What a rare find. Congrats! Love the H-S pickup configuration, my favorite.
                          Thanks Man. I bought it today so it is now in my collection.

The bridge and neck pickups are unbalanced. The bridge is powerful and the neck is weak. I am wanting to get a better balance on the pickups, but I have never even thought about what I would want in an H-S. My initial thought is a DiMarzio Evo2 bridge with a Bare Knuckles Trilogy or SSL-5 in the neck. Want to make this a ballsy guitar. Do have any thoughts or advice you could share?
                          Last edited by CaptNasty; 08-19-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post

The bridge and neck pickups are unbalanced. The bridge is powerful and the neck is weak. I am wanting to get a better balance on the pickups, but I have never even thought about what I would want in an H-S. My initial thought is a DiMarzio Evo2 bridge with a Bare Knuckles Trilogy or SSL-5 in the neck. Want to make this a ballsy guitar. Do have any thoughts or advice you could share?
                            What a great addition to any collection! Amazing guitar... How does it feel to play? It just looks like a comfortable guitar.

I have the Evo2 in the bridge of an RG520QS and it matches well with a Paf Pro in the neck, but I don't think they have a Paf Pro in a single coil package. The only H-S guitar I have had that had aftermarket pickups in it was an RG3XXV that came with a D-Activator bridge and Air Norton S neck. Sounded great and I wish I hadn't sold it, but it seems that people either love or hate the D-Activators. I thought it was a metal hot-rod and harmonics just oozed out of it when driven hard, but sounded great clean too. I dream of having another H-S guitar with the same pickups... Currently looking for a nice old short scale Jackson Fusion to replace the hole in my soul left by selling a Charvel Predator and the RG3XXV.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post

There's always strat-sized humbuckers, like the Little '59. Or do you prefer a true single coil, just hot?

Comment

Working...
                              X