Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordered USA Select KV2 through dealer, what to expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered USA Select KV2 through dealer, what to expect?

I just ordered a USA Select KV2 (my first bigtime fiddle!) through Sweetwater. I was curious what the experience of others was lately, especially as far as build time and quality..?

I was told it may take a year... that they essentially build them to order, is that true?

I'm pretty psyched as this has been my dream guitar since I was about 12 I think. But now I have read everything from horror stories to people who absolutely love their USA so I wanted to ask.

Did you order a USA Select or Custom Select? USA Selects are made in batches to standard specs, whereas Custom Selects are made to individual work orders. From experience, Custom Select build times are around 9 months to a year. Not sure about USA Select, because they've kind of downplayed 'standard' models over the last few years..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Just a plain 'ol USA select kv2. Picked off Sweetwater's site, no options or even the ability to add options.

I thought the year wait for something that is not custom was strange, but what do I know??

Comment

According to my custom shop representative(which I've stated multiple times on this site the last few months), ALL USA SELECT JACKSONS ARE BACKORDERED ONE YEAR ATLEAST! NO EXCEPTIONS!

Comment

What's the cause for the backlog in the USA Select line? Is the demand exceeding supply? Custom Select line taking time/resources away from people who would normally make the USA Select line? Slower production output than before? Less staff than before, thus putting additional burden and delay on existing employees?

They've already reduced the finish options available on the USA Select line, so it's not like a batch of graphic-finish guitars is holding up the production of a batch of solid-finish guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            What's the cause for the backlog in the USA Select line? Is the demand exceeding supply? Custom Select line taking time/resources away from people who would normally make the USA Select line? Slower production output than before? Less staff than before, thus putting additional burden and delay on existing employees?

They've already reduced the finish options available on the USA Select line, so it's not like a batch of graphic-finish guitars is holding up the production of a batch of solid-finish guitars.
            Yes, according to my rep, the demand is WAY over exceeding the supply. They just can't pump them out fast enough. Not too mention the USA selects are made by the same people that do the custom shops and we all know how busy they are with those, so the USA Selects get put on the backburner. This is causing the used USA market to increase in value, which I like!! $$$$

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedCorpse View Post
              Just a plain 'ol USA select kv2. Picked off Sweetwater's site, no options or even the ability to add options.

I thought the year wait for something that is not custom was strange, but what do I know??

If you are buying an ordinary run of the mill guitar, it should be there in 72 hours.
              Anything else is not just a guitar, it is a life choice.

Comment

Working...
              X