Did I get took?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I get took?

Bought way too many guitars 5 years ago. Never sold one before, so I put one up on reverb with a price of $2000. Accepted $1700. Im happy with the price but considering selling another USA SL2H if that is what I can expect. I think it's a fair price but not really sure. Happy I got more than I paid for it. Bought off of CL.

Pic
    Post with 3 votes and 1 views. Shared by Chingazo. Jackson SL-2H Shattered Glass

Pic of the flaw in the finish.
    Post with 2 votes and 1 views. Shared by Chingazo. Bubbles

Comment

$1700 for a production USA Jackson seems fair for both you as the seller and for the buyer.

Any time you can recoup your initial investment or even earn extra money is always good.

The bubbling finish is also known as "delamination" in case you wanted to do some research on it. Some 2000s Jackson headstocks suffered from it.

Comment

You did good. Graphics can be hard to sell.

Comment

Excellent. Appreciate that fellas. Guy who bought it said he's been looking for that graphic for a while.

2 out of my 3 USA Jackson soloists have delamination problem.

Comment

I think the delamination was a problem for 1-2 years at some point. I have seen a few on sale with that problem. None of my USA Jacksons have that problem.

Comment

I believe it. I tried to get one of them repaired cause the finish actually separated all the way through. Had a luthier inject some superglue in there. Looks 90% better, and it's stabilized but you can see pockets of air in there. The one I just sold, it is all under the finish. Sucks. Shouldn't happen especially considering Jackson's ain't cheap.

Comment

Working...
              X