1986 Jackson strat help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Jackson strat help needed

I just picked up a Jackson Strat bodied guitar that was made 10/86 it's white with a rosewood board (oiled neck finish), and it has two singles, and one bucker (no guard). The controls are one volume, and three mini switches. The trem is a JT6. The guitar is in great condition, but I'm not sure what the value of the guitar is. Can any one give me an idea of what they go for? Also I need the large strap buttons, and bar for it. Can any one help me out with these parts or point me to a place to find them?

Thanks
    Roy

Re: 1986 Jackson strat help needed

pictures please, and a serial # and neck plate pic!
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

not sure if he has the buttons, but i think budman68 can help with the bar.
      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Pix!
        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Guys sorry but I don't have a way to post photos, but the neck plate is a San Dimas (but the guitar is an Ontario), and the number is 3462.

Roy

Comment

My parents phone # ends in 3462! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]I need that guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Come on guys some one has to have an idea on the value or finding the parts I need. Here is a link to a guitar like the one that's on the way to me.
              http://gbase.com/gearlist/guitar_pic...p?guitar=25128

Roy

Comment

Why do you need an apprasial so bad?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Why do you need an apprasial so bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man I just want to know if I have to much tied up in this guitar I just bought (I have about $550 in it). I'm not looking for an exact price just a range. To tell the truth I have not looked at a Jackson since I bought one new is 1988, and I just wanted get some feedback. Plus I'm trying to find the parts it's missing.

Comment

You're doin about average at $550.

We get a little shakey when newer members start right out looking for what a guitar is worth. It usually means they are looking to sell us something, so many times we give a very low guestimate.

Someone here will hook you up with the parts you need.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      You're doin about average at $550.

We get a little shakey when newer members start right out looking for what a guitar is worth. It usually means they are looking to sell us something, so many times we give a very low guestimate.

Someone here will hook you up with the parts you need.

[/ QUOTE ] Trust me bro I'm here to buy not sell. I just could not find any other place to find out what they are going for.

Comment

I can't wait to look at that one in person.Play it maybe take it home hint hint!!!!!.$550 is a good price most of the time I see SD plated Jacksons go from $600-$800 depending on condition and mods.$550 for a non modded one is quite a steal in my book.I think the SD plated guitars from 86-89 will do nothing but go up in value.It would take $700 to make me even consider selling mine. Right RoyB?
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I saw one on E-bay with solid color in mint shape sold for $350.
                          That one was from 87 and same SSH configuration.
                          White Strat with SSH, Ontario built, I have seen several on E-bay and they sold for very low arounsd $500-550.
                          Only the ones with graphic sell little higher.
                          I would say $500-600 for a solid color one but no more than that.

Comment

Working...
                          X